General Description of Position:
This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the campus(es) business/bursar's office to include Fixed Assets, Journal Entry Control, Revolving Fund control, Cashier and Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Business and Industry interface.Major Responsibilities:
- Assists the Executive Director of Finance in preparing financial analysis, budgets, and reports.
- Responsible for maintaining proper internal controls and insuring compliance with College policies and procedures and the Financial Management Manual in the areas of Business Office, Bursars and Administrative Services
- Responsible for financial administration and maintenance of state and federal grants.
- Responsible for the maintenance and audit of college inventory and records, including surplus procedures.
- Knows all facets of the Business Office operation and be available to supplement each person's work or fill in, in case of emergency, absence, etc.
- Supervises student fee payments, on-line entries, cash receipts, cash reconciliation, bank transfers, invoices/files/reports and collection of individual deferment accounts.
- Supervises Fixed Asset Accounting, Journal Entry Control, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable functions for the campus(es) controls, balances, and reports on Revolving Fund Activity.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees in which every individual feels respected and valued.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in a business discipline or public administration required. Three years of related experience and two years supervisory experience required. Working experience with mainframe systems and knowledge of Windows based P.C. programs is desired. Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. Must be responsive to the needs of all customer (internal and external) requirements and complaints in an efficient and professional manner.Preferred Qualifications:
MBA is preferredOther Requirements:
Will provide support to Kokomo and Marion service areas.Work Hours:
Mostly M-F, but extended hours may be necessary.Hiring Range:
$50,000 - $65,000Team Ivy Referral:Special Instructions to Applicants:
Open until filled