Pivot seeks an Accounting Clerk to join our Washington D.C. office for the 2022 Election Cycle. This is a hybrid position based in our office with opportunities to work from home; the Accounting Clerk is expected to work in the office a few days per week. We require all onsite staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Under supervision of the Accountant, the Accounting Clerk performs accounting tasks essential to the running of the Accounting office. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Accountant. This individual will track and research any accounting issues that arise. They will work closely with all internal departments to aid in their financial tracking.
Candidates should have basic accounting and administrative experience. The Accounting Clerk should have exceptional attention to detail and be cool under pressure, highly organized, tech savvy, proactive and able to multi-task.
This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2022 with a competitive salary and benefits. The nature of our business requires long, irregular hours during the election cycle and weekend work as necessary. We expect all staff to be flexible in this area. However, Pivot works to ensure all staff are able to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems
- Handle accounts payable and receivable duties
- Process Accounts Payable in FileMaker for both job specific invoices and G&A expenses
- Process Accounts Receivable transactions in FileMaker
- Create and update basic financial and accounting reports in Excel
- Review and process vendor invoices for payment
- Other administrative duties as assigned
What you bring to the team:
- Highly accurate in data entry and possessing strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong knowledge of accounting software and bookkeeping principles
- Please include the word "Scuba" in your cover letter
- Commitment to racial equity, social justice, and progressive causes
We understand that no applicant will meet 100% of the above qualifications. If you are interested in the role and believe you have the right skill set, we want to hear from you.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position starts at $4,500 per month, based off employee experience. There is also the opportunity for end of election bonuses, based off individual and firm performance.
In keeping with our commitment to a healthy workplace, all staff receive the following:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Meal stipends
Staff working in the DC office also receive:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to onsite bike storage and fitness facility
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to progressive causes, organizations and campaigns across the country. And we've created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
Want to learn more? Find us on social media @the_pivot_group or visit our website www.thepivot.com
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us directly at 202-524-0048 or firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will assist you.
The responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are guidelines - we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications.