Monday - Friday2nd shift: 3:30PM - 12:00PM $18.00 per hourLove Books? Come join a leader who treat Employees as family!
ReaderLink is the largest full-service distributor of hardcover, trade, and paperback books to non-trade channel booksellers in North America, including the biggest names in retail across multiple retail channels. We are the number one book distributor in the U.S. with over $1 billion in sales, through the distribution of 300 million books per year to over 50,000 store locations nationwide. We offer the right candidate a highly competitive salary and much more....
The ideal applicants will be responsible for the following:
- 401(k) Matching
- Employee Discount
- Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
To be considered, candidates must have:
- Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Comply with ReaderLink practices, policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
The work performed is in a distribution environment which means:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-3 months of order pulling experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and distribution experience may be substituted.
- Must be able to stand up to 6- 10 hours in a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 6-10 hours.
- Will continuously reach up and out.
- Will occasionally climb stairs
- Will occasionally push/pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Will frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will occasionally have repetitive foot movement.
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching, simple and firm grasping, and/or fine hand manipulation.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences well both written and verbally, in English.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Ability to add and subtract basic math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
To join this successful organization, please send your resume.READERLINK DISTRIBUTIONEOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.