Entry level General Ledger Accountant in the Accounting Services Center. This organization supports 16 business units across the United States by providing labor accounting and payroll services. Focused customer service and partnership with the business units are core cultural characteristics of the organization. The General
Ledger Accountant will participate with the team in recording and reconciling accounting transactions for these businesses.
• Preparation of payroll journal entries
• Assisting with payroll/labor balancing and reconciliation
• Preparing and providing reporting to divisions
• Coding of contract labor billings
• Participating in testing for payroll system transitions
• Preparation and distribution of timekeeping metrics
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 1 to 2 years of accounting experience with Bachelor's or Master's.
• Experience in account reconciliations and journal entries.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge / Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
• Experience in ERP software a plus
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
• Flexible planner in terms of daily activities with ability to adeptly react to changing requirements and priorities
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
• Exceptional organizational skills enabling monitoring of key due dates and activities
• Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals