Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Act as the bridge between the business and IT. Work cross-functionally to ensure project success.
• Ensure open communication across project teams and handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences.
• Diffuse difficult situations and use them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals.
• Surface and resolve sensitive issues and drive alignment.
• Prepare exceptional, highly polished written and oral communication for executive-level presentations for EVP and Board level audiences
• Define and manage the IT workstream and documents of projects (schedule, tasks, cost, changes/risks/issues) via IT PMO processes, procedures, and tools for assigned projects. As needed, manage all project workstreams.
• Monitor the project schedule, budget, and deliverables. Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Recognize problems or situations that are or may impact the project delivery. Work cross-functionally to resolve issues, mitigate risks and implement changes. Work with senior management to escalate and resolve more complex issues and risks.
• Manage the project with realistic resource plans for all phases of the project including the handover to production support.
• Assess impact of technology requirements and constraints on project scope.
• Utilize IT project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid) to drive technical solution delivery.
• Employ IT solution delivery processes, procedures, and toolsets (DevOps, configuration management, change management) to deliver stable, hardened, and scalable solutions.
• Manage IT project financials - project budget and forecast for IT external resources, hardware, software, labor.
• Ensure the solution and the team follow IT ITIL/ ITSM standards, Enterprise Architecture, Cyber Security standards/policies, and other NYPA technical standards.
• Fulfill requirements for the IT PMO and IT Governance process including PPM Pro entries, project documentation standards, project reviews, gate promotions as defined in the IT PMO Playbook.
• Work collaboratively with program teams, project teams, various IT teams, and related business unit staff for project success.
• Promote and maintain communication between project team members and stakeholders and manage expectations. Prepare correspondence, presentations and/or reports as required. Follow-up on correspondence and outstanding requests for resolution.
• Experience in leading initiatives across organizational boundaries
• Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple different Business Partners at all levels of the Business, including at the executive level.
• Understand the software development process and experienced in IT project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid) and IT solution delivery processes, procedures, and toolsets (DevOps, configuration management).
• Familiarity with engineering/ construction project management lifecycle
• Strong and tested project management skills including Customer relationship management, Sponsor expectation management, Risk management, Change Management, Vendor Management.
• Understand data governance, management & quality.
• Organized, good communicator, deadline driven, team builder, leader, planner, problem solver, and agile.
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive and inclusive work environment with project team members, co-workers, management, and vendors by behaving, collaborating, and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards.
• Superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills, to ensure open communication across project teams. Ability to handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences.
• Ability to diffuse emotionally charged situations and use them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals.
• Ability to "read the room".
• Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Project Management Certification is preferred.
• Minimum 12 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various multi-year and multimillion dollar projects