2000 16th Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States of AmericaIMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Sr. Financial Manager - Job Description
- Looking for teammates that will ideally sit in Denver, CO or Las Vegas, NV
- This teammate will support Pioneer and will have an opportunity to work on an array of new projects including those involving integrated kidney care!
At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Here's what you can expect as a Sr. Division Finance Manager for the Pioneer team at DaVita:
Reporting to the Division Vice President (DVP), this position oversees and reports on the financial performance of the Pioneer Division ESRD facilities and several Joint Venture Partnerships.
- Contributes to projects in Pioneer specifically related to integrated Kidney Care
- Leading calls with the core teams including Financial Leadership, RODs and DVPs regarding workforce planning and labor
- Continuously identifies clinical and financial improvement opportunities
- Pilots, implements, and monitors solutions that positively impact clinical and financial outcomes
- Creates and delivers training and communication
- Implements and tracks best demonstrated practices identified in other parts of the Village
- Assists Process Improvement Engineers to track and implement CQI and other BDP projects throughout the Division
- Develops a set of annual Goals and related Dashboard, based on the Division's annual goals, and reports on progress to the DVP and the Group Finance Director monthly
- Travel required: up to 20%
*May perform other duties as assigned
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Budgeting and Planning
- Performs facility-level budgeting and planning, including preparation of trend and variance analyses on facility, region, and division level
- Trains Facility Administrators (FA) and Regional Operating Directors (ROD) on budget processes as needed
- Maintains final budget workbooks for each facility by ensuring continuous updates are made; researches and addresses questions
- Ensures that Joint Venture (JV) partners are involved in the annual budget process to the extent required and appropriate to fulfill the company's commitments and build partner relationships
Financial and Operating Reports
- Distributes monthly P&L "snapshots" and other related reports as needed; performs follow-up analysis and responds to questions from the field
- Evaluates the P&L and related Operating reports to create actionable insights for FAs, RODs, and DVPs to improve operating results
- Analyzes variance to budget for all line-items with an unfavorable variance for the month, and provides analyses for the Monthly Financial Review (MFR) rollup to the Group Finance Director
- Produce bi-weekly analyses of line-item variances and causes for Group SVP regarding commercial patients, salary and wage expense, and teammate retention as applicable and develop action plans to mitigate unfavorable variances
- Maintains current data for the Division's Dashboard & Notes, Competitor Hotspots, Census, Missed Treatments, metrics related to the Division's Annual Goals, and other recurring Division reports
- Reviews, approves and monitors Capital Expense requests from all facilities and the accuracy of reports from Finance
Growth and Partner-of-Choice Initiatives
- Creates financial models for proposed new facilities, researches and produces core market studies, partners in JV relationship reporting and management
- Works with Regional Operating Directors to create financial models for proposed new facilities, expansions, and relocations
- Supports DVPs' process for renewing Medical Director Agreements (MDA), researching and resolving internal and competitor "Hot Spots", etc.; obtain data required to produce Medical Director compensation models, etc.
- Supports the rollout of Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP) and/or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects at each facility where applicable
- Knows and understands each JV Partnership's quarterly financial statements; participate in quarterly meetings, research answers to questions before and after each meeting
- Helps research and produces "Core Market Studies" for executives to analyze and quantify market opportunities for DaVita to serve new patients and physicians in potential new areas
- Bachelor's degree in related area required
- Minimum of four (4) years' financial analyst experience required; consulting experience preferred; healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and analytic ability required
- Expert-level computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint, MapPoint, and Essbase preferred
Full vaccination against COVID-19, which may include a booster when eligible, or a medical/religious exemption is required. Teammates with a medical/religious exemption may need to submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.Salary/ Wage Range
$91,000.00 to $133,700.00
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits