2000 16th St, Denver, Colorado, 80202-5117, United States of America
At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision, have a desire to shape the future of medicine, and empower their team to achieve success. They enjoy tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through a collaborative environment that involves team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, compassionate, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging and impactful work.
We are looking for a highly motivated, positive and innovative Finance Project Manager to be a subject matter expert on Pre-Award and Post-Award DCR activities, which can include serving as backup. DCR prides itself on a culture of growth, transparency and feedback and would want our leaders to do that same. We want a teammate who is compassionate, purposeful and motivated by meaningful work.
This position will be based in our Denver office and will support our DaVita Clinical Research division. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:50% - Post Award
20% - Pre Award Backup
- Prepare and send out invoices monthly to sponsors when applicable per study contracts
- Daily cash review and posting, including to CTMS system
- Review unallocated cash report, work with DCR Analysts and sites to timely remove payments from the report
- On an ongoing basis work with sponsors on past due invoices, to obtain payments
- Work with DCR Analysts to perform quarterly reconciliations of active studies
- Work with site leadership to ensure timely and accurate data submission to the CTMS system
15% - Project Management
- Assess study protocols, sponsor agreements, informed consent forms, and related documents to prepare detailed final budget proposals (including and not limited to Investigator Driven Studies (IDS), Commercial Studies, and Special Projects) identifying clinical research activities, tests, and other associated clinical activities to be performed during the conduct of each study
- Draft, evaluate, communicate and negotiate a commercially reasonable, Fair Market Value (FMV) compliant budget given the scope of an individual project
- Review sponsor budget template proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Collaborate with DCR Team and conduct budget review meetings to identify budgetary and operational requirements for commercial studies
- Serve as point of budgetary contact for commercial studies during initial project negotiation and amendments
- Function as an Ambassador and review all protocol amendments for Alliance studies
- Conduct Medicare Coverage Analysis for all proposed clinical research studies where DaVita is the billing party to determine clinical study billing eligibility
10% - Finance/Accounting
- Assist DCR with the review, development, and implementation of processes, institutional policies, and procedures
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develops strategies for enhancing these processes
- Performs any necessary financial variance analysis and provides detailed recommendations
- Collaborative Problem Solving:
- Demonstrates first-principles thinking in analyzing problems and engaging with teammates
- Leverages hypothesis-based approach to identify, validate, and quantify opportunities
- Attend DCR and Corporate Finance meetings as requested
- Leads special projects assigned by the Director of Finance or other DCR Leadership
5% - Other duties as assignedMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Serves as backup for Finance Manager
- Month End Accounting functions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 or more years of accounting or finance related experience
- 8 or more years of experience or a combination of experience with Medicare Coverage analysis, clinical trial billing or clinical trial budgets
- Ability to manager multiple projects, meet deadlines and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Self starter, with a high degree of initiative, urgency and follow through
- Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform analysis, prepare and implement processes.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required. Teammates with a medical/religious exemption may need to submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Reliable transportation to travel between local research sites.
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita's values with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
- Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform analysis, prepare and implement processes
- Travel required, less than 10%.
- Maintain confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., is the research arm of DaVita. DCR innovates through retrospective outcomes research aimed at improving care and quality of life for people with kidney disease. DCR assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of clinical trials using its renal research site network. For 30 years we have helped 500+ clients with their development projects. DCR is based in Minneapolis, MN and operates in locations across the US. What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Flexible weekly work schedule: This will vary and is based on current business needs
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.Salary/ Wage Range
$75,200.00 to $110,400.00
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits