is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.The Opportunity
DAT is looking for an insightful Analyst
to join our HR team, located in either our Beaverton, OR or Denver, CO offices.
The HR Analyst is responsible for providing analytical expertise and project management to the DAT Human Resources Department. This job will lead and perform data analysis, develop and implement strategies, develop data models, and drive "best practices" within HR processes. This position also provides technical and analytical support for a wide range of compensation projects designed to support business strategies. While challenging your ability to draw clarity from ambiguity, this position provides a high degree of autonomy, life/work balance, and career growth opportunity.
DAT provides employees with a Hybrid work environment.Project Management and Reporting
- Improve department and company performance through management of programs focused on process improvement, employee engagement and effective utilization of resources
- Assist in the development, tracking and analysis of metrics and dashboards in support of effective business operations.
- Analysis may include quantitative and qualitative, transactional / efficiency and human capital metrics.
- Ensure reports are comprehensive, accurate, timely, and relevant and reflect the most recent organizational changes.
- Determine the mix of presentational tools (including dashboards) that will best display the information.
- Recommend/drive improvement initiatives based upon findings.
- Generate standard, custom, recurring and ad-hoc reports as needed by business.
- Successfully manage and deliver multiple, ongoing projects.
- Ability to present and visualize data in an informative, compelling format and manner.
- Assists in the administration of compensation programs (commissions, merit and market adjustments, bonuses).
- Completes annual market analysis.
- Prepares all data submissions to compensation surveys and answers inquiries related to the submissions.
- Reviews and completes job evaluations on new and revised job descriptions and performs exemption status review.
- 2 years' proven experience in a Statistics, Analytics, Finance or other analytic roles; preferably in an HR capacity.
- Extensive business use of full Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, Drive, Calendar, GMail) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven advanced Excel ability; proficient with pivot tables and lookup formulas with experience developing complex models from scratch.
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude with project management experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and reach defensible conclusions.
- Experience formulating and presenting data to influence executive decision-making.
- Work effectively with all employees, at all levels of the the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Business, Finance or related field.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $92,000 base salary, plus benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) <#LI-DM1>