Job DescriptionHuman Resources Generalist
Onsite (M-F) Days- 8hrs.
About the Job
- Duration: 13 weeks (Possible temp to hire)
- Location: Salinas,CA
- Pay rate: Hourly
- Job ID: 15768746
Position works under the supervision of the Manager, Human Resources. The HR Generalist performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level with both breadth and depth across all functional areas of HR (Talent Acquisition, Leave of Absence, Compliance and Regulatory, Total Rewards and more). The HR Generalist is empowered to independently resolve a broad range of customer inquiries and requests.
- Responsible for HR customer inquiries and requests through various channels - Phone, Email, Walk-In, Mail, Fax, Self-Service etc. Conducts warm transfers to HR specialists as needed - sharing relevant details required to ensure a positive outcome for our customers.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve access, response times and the delivery of HR services including expanding opportunities for self-service.
- A key contributor to the research, development and implementation of HR performance improvement initiatives including the development of communications channels, education and presentations.
- Manages the Human Resources page and Leadership community on STARnet including all knowledge articles and HR Leader standard work.
- Partners with the Leave Management specialist in determining leave eligibility, initiating leaves, supporting customers with inquiries during the absence period and processing the return to work.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition specialists on the onboarding new hires, contingent staffing management, and administering employee data changes as needed.
- Partners with the Total Rewards specialist on the delivery of benefits, compensation, retirement and employee recognition activities.
- Partners with the HRIS, Reporting, and Compliance Specialist to maintain employee database, auditing and provides standard HR reports to the business as needed.
- Partners with the ELR Specialist to provide support in the areas of employee relations, investigations, grievances and note taking a labor management meetings.
- Creates, inputs, and maintains computer data files, tracks and calculates data, and compiles reports as necessary.
- Assists in the cover/relief of other department staff as needed and assists with special projects as necessary. Demonstrates necessary flexibility in regard to changes in the Hospital or department activities.
- Executes HR administrative duties as assigned including ID badges, supply ordering, employment verification administration, invoices, processing employee changes, auditing, and electronic employee record administration.
- Is able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience preferably in Human Resources Knowledge of fundamental principles and practices of Human Resources
- Administration preferred. Experience in one or more of the functional areas of HR (Talent Acquisition, Leave of Absence, Compliance, Total Rewards) is preferred.
- Education: Work requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in business or Human Resources related field strongly preferred.
- Licensure: HRCI or SHRM HR certification is preferred.
About our Company
DataSoft Technologies is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1994, DataSoft Technologies, Inc. provides staff augmentation services for Information Technology and Automotive Services.