Current University of Arkansas System employees (excluding those at UAMS) including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through "My Draft Applications" located on your Candidate Home page.Type of Position:
Professional Staff (Non-Classified)Workstudy Position:
RegularWork Shift:Sponsorship Available:
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock's thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state's growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.Department:
ualr.eduSummary of Job Duties:
The HR Personnel Specialist is responsible for delivering excellent customer service to campus constituents through the management of a variety of employment-related business processes. These critical business processes include, but are not limited to, immigration compliance, new employee orientation, payroll actions, performance evaluations, employment verifications, employee reports, training sessions, unemployment claims/hearings, position management, record retention, onboarding, and offboarding. This position is under the direction of the HR Associate Director of Personnel and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.Qualifications:Required Education and/or Experience:
(Other job-related education or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements).Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Public Administration, or a directly related field;
- Three years of human resource experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience working with Workday and Banner;
- Experience processing I-9 Forms and guidelines;
- Experience with using ImageNow.
- Perform data entry of foreign national employment eligibility statuses into Workday;
- Monitor submission of Non-Resident Alien (NRA) Employment Forms for international student employees;
- Maintain international employee visa information in electronic and hard copy files;
- Maintain files and records shared with UA System General Counsel's Office;
- Provide notifications to foreign national employees and departments prior to the expiration of work authorizations;
- Collaborate with the Office of International Student Services and immigration attorneys when needed;
- Tracks I-9 forms and ensure documents are retained according to federal time frames.
- Responsible for assisting departments and new employees with required work documentation and related onboarding tasks;
- Prepare materials, monitor attendance, and present information during new employee orientation;
- Assist departments and separate employees with exit clearance processes;
- Evaluate and complete incoming and outgoing Proof of Prior Service Forms.
- Assist with position management regarding UA Little Rock Appropriation Act and provisional positions;
- Assist with creating, updating, and closing positions when needed;
- Assist with obtaining and reviewing position information for accuracy, such as but not limited to, job classifications, descriptions, minimum qualifications, and position codes;
- Assist with tracking position reclassifications.
Payroll Business Processes
- Partner with the Payroll Office to complete all payroll business processes in a timely manner;
- Resolve employee pay matters through correspondence with campus organizations, Budget, and Payroll offices;
- Resolve business process issues shared between HR and Payroll.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all data entry and preparation of documents and reports, while observing federal, state, and university guidelines, policies, and deadlines.
- Create and maintain an electronic personnel filing system;
- Monitor interim appointments and search waiver hires;
- Assist when needed with all staffing business processes in Workday, including but not limited to, ID and name changes, title changes, creating positions, and contingent workers;
- Manag pre-hire and duplicate records in Workday;
- Assist UA Little Rock employees with the completion of various HR documents and Workday business processes when needed;
- Maintain guidelines and procedures for Concurrent Employment according to state policy;
- Evaluate Concurrent Employment Forms for submission to the appropriate state agency;
- Receive and respond to Unemployment Claims and conducts Unemployment Appeal Hearings as necessary;
- Provide employment verifications;
- Process name and address changes for university employees;
- Monitor submission of Hourly Position Classification Forms for hourly employees;
- Assist with Banner Access Forms when needed;
- Receive and maintain various employee attestations, including but not limited to, Conflict of Interest Forms, and Disclosure Forms;
- Report and follows up on SSN verification forms;
- Ensure the security of confidential records and compliance with all federal and state regulations, university/departmental policies, and procedures;
- Analyze record preparation processes to ensure quality, accuracy, and efficiency;
- Release information to authorized personnel, following established processes and procedures pertaining to FOIA requests;
- Conduct quality assurance audits relating to personnel records;
- Maintain record retention schedule for Human Resources by ensuring documents are properly stored in hard copy form or as scanned data files.
- Prepare and submit various reports for external and internal offices;
- Assist with the Arkansas Disclosure Forms reporting to relevant state agencies.
- Provide campus-wide and one-on-one training relevant to personnel and compensation business processes when needed.
- Prepare materials and conduct Performance Evaluation training (if needed);
- Monitor timely and accurate submission of all staff employee evaluations and prepare reports for administration;
- Prepare timely reports regarding performance reviews when requested.
- Assist with the coverage of the front desk as needed. Answers telephones, greets, and directs visitors, applicants, students, and staff.
Additional Non-Essential Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management;
- Knowledge of personnel, payroll, and budget processes, policies, and procedures;
- Ability to be flexible with frequent changes of state, federal, and university policies, and procedures;
- Superior planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills that include the ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information, reports, and programs;
- Demonstrates critical thinking and reasoning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times;
- Ability to address sensitive employee issues;
- Must maintain the confidentiality of company documents and information;
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities;
- Willingness to convert to a schedule that will include early morning, evening, and possibly weekend work if needed;
- Thrives in a work environment that has periods of high demand;
- Ability to sustain intentional superior customer service.
Please upload all required documents in the "Resume" attachment section of your application (before hitting the submit button), if you want to be considered for this position.Salary Information:
$40,000Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), ResumeOptional Documents:Special Instructions to Applicants:Recruitment Contact Information:
Michele Curd, HR Associate Director of Personnel & HRIS, email@example.com
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check, Sex Offender Registry
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.Constant Physical Activity:
Hearing, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, TalkingFrequent Physical Activity:
Repetitive Motion, StandingOccasional Physical Activity: