US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the TimeDescription
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.SP Launch and Missile Defense Systems (LMDS) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.LMDS has an opening for a Principal Project Management to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chandler, Arizona.The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment and will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. The selected candidate will be able successfully complete diverse work assignments and effectively collaborate in team settings across all levels. This selected candidate must be able to collaborate closely with executive and program leadership. They will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This selected candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.Primary responsibilities require oversight of all functions across the supply chain for a particular work scope, including but not limited to: Requirements and Planning, Supplier Management, Business Management, Supplier Manufacturing Engineering Logistics. Responsibilities include:
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex tasks. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Most assignments are complex and performed independently without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources as well as problems with customer satisfaction.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management and customers.
- Sales/revenue forecast responsibility
- EAC and Budget Responsibility (CAM ownership pros and cons - Will and David to discuss)
- MBOM Validation
- Proposal Pricing Support
- Production programs/non-complex tasks
- Responsibility for lower value and lower complexity BOM items
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, and Project (scheduling)
- SAP experience
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Project Management, or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, or a minimum of 10 years of experience in lieu of bachelor's degree; 3 years of experience in the same with a Master's degree
- Experience leading a team/process/project
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Goods Movement, Supplier Quality, Subcontracts and/or Procurement experience
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Special Program Access
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Salary Range: $72,400.00 - $108,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.