Administration Center - Allentown, PAHuman Resources Secretary (Job Grade 3)Starting Salary: $27,215 Qualifications:
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to complete assigned administrative tasks accurately while maintaining strict confidentiality of human resources information in written, oral, and electronic format.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to access the Internet to collect and analyze research on documents, methods, and samples of procedures used in other districts or organizations.
- Proficiency in software programs used routinely in the department, particularly Microsoft Office spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Consistent record of satisfactory work performance.
- Satisfactory criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 114, and 151).
- Ability to perform essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform additional or alternatives to the above qualifications, as determined appropriate and acceptable by the board or superintendent.
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and administrative detail by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file(s) to correspondence for proper handling by supervisor.
- Assists with maintaining accurate entries and records in the Human Resources information system and employee files.
- Organizes and maintains file system, makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials, files correspondence and other records for supervisor.
- Prepares job vacancy notices for non professional employee positions and forwards notices for posting on the District website and in school buildings throughout the district.
- Prepares hiring and interview packets to support recruitment activities for support/nonprofessional positions.
- Receives requests for FMLA leave and Income Protection leave from support/nonprofessional employees; prepares paperwork, forwards necessary documents, and processes completed documents to process such leave requests.
- Greets scheduled visitors and directs them to appropriate areas or persons.
- Receives and completes written and telephonic employment verification requests from lenders and other third parties who have obtained employee consent for such verification.
- Receives and responds to unemployment claims information requests in a timely manner.
- Receives and processes teacher loan forgiveness applications; copies and files completed documents.
- Serves as Department of Human Resources timekeeper. Tracks Human Resources' employees' absences and time worked, collects timesheets, obtains supervisor's signature on timesheets and forwards timesheets to payroll in timely manner.
- Coordinates and attends meetings with union representatives; prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records minutes of meetings with supervisor and support/nonprofessional employee union representatives.
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with support/nonprofessional bargaining agreement requirements.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Prepares items for listing on the personnel section of the Board's monthly agenda for the Board's approval.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned or delegated by the supervisor.
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.