Administration Center - Allentown, PADirector of Human Resources
Salary Range: $105,750 - $148,050 Qualifications:
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or Human Resources Management, or proven employment experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in human resource management or administrative role in a school district, intermediate unit or other school entity preferred.
- Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Three or more years of administrative experience including school and/or business leadership experience at a manager or director level.
- Successful experience working in a diverse organization or community.
- Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as the School Board or Superintendent may determine appropriate and acceptable.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Summary
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources has the supporting authority for leading and directing the efforts of a human resources team that provides exceptional customer service to internal and external constituents. The Director of Human Resources supports the educational performance and financial stability of the District, providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the District's human resources systems, procedures and processes including recruitment, selection, induction, benefits and compensation, labor relations, negotiations, retention, compliance, federal and state reporting, data systems, investigations, leave management, and performance management and by completing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees documented systems for
- Recruitment, Selection, and Retention
- Performance Management
- Creation and Management of Employee Onboarding and Teacher Induction
- Compensation Analysis and Recommendation
- Employee Evaluation
- Teacher Certification Tracking and Management
- Response and Management of Workers Compensation Claims
- Response and Management Employee Leaves, Absences, Medical Restriction Requests, and Accommodation Requests
- Tracking and Managing Employee Credentialing and Required Training.
- Collection, Maintenance, and Retention of Personnel Files in accordance with Applicable Laws and District Record Retention Policy
- Substitute Recruitment, Selection, and Assignment whether In-House or Contracted.
- Exiting Employees
- Submission of Employment Actions on the Board Agenda
- Job Description Development, Maintenance, and Access
- Adherence to Federal, State, and Local Laws Pertaining to Human Resources Functions, including, but not limited to, PA School Code, Local Agency Law, FMLA, ADA, Anti-Discrimination Laws, Title IX, Title VII, HIPAA, ACA, PA Human Relations Act, Workers Compensation, Unemployment, PA Employee Relations Act, Clearances Requirements, and Mandated Reporting
- Collection, Verification, and Submission of Data for Local, State, and Federal Reporting.
- Supports personnel matters related to collective bargaining agreements and interpreting negotiated contracts in conjunction with legal counsel when necessary.
- Supports proper handling of employee discipline, investigations, and conflict resolution.
- Supports responses to grievances and manages the grievance steps, in conjunction with legal counsel
- Recommends training for staff on Human Resources topics and secures such training.
- Advises the Executive Director of Human Resources regarding staffing, personnel related matters and general administrative concerns.
- Manages position control to inform staffing forecasts and budget development.
- Creates a partnership between department and employees
- Create and maintain human resources departmental policies and procedures.
- Understands, supervises collection and input of information, and maintenance of school district compliance needs with PDE Certifications, PIMS Data, and PDE required clearances.
- Oversees and supports any district unemployment claims; including investigating and maintaining records needed for escalated claims. Responsible for drafts responses and representing the district at hearings and appeals.
- Provides input and support to the Executive Director of Human Resources in the development and implementation of policies and administrative procedures relating to human resources concerns.
- Attends regularly scheduled School Board meetings that are held in the evening/nighttime.
- Assists in the preparation of the personnel report for School Board meetings.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Executive Director of Human Resources or other designee of the Superintendent.
- Director of Human Resources.pdf