Staff Accountant - Brilliant Earth Position Overview:
Brilliant Earth is looking for a hands-on, self-starter to join our Finance team as Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant role plays an integral role in preparing and driving a timely month end close, developing and maintaining strong month-end close procedures, and internal controls in conformity to US GAAP. You will be involved in a wide range of accounting processes, including general ledger preparation and key accounting projects.We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare entries to the company's general ledgerand maintain accounting sub-ledgers by verifying and properly posting account transactions
- Prepare accruals, maintain schedules, including fixed asset and prepaid expense schedules
- Perform month and year end closing and audit processes
- Work on other accounting functions as appropriate (including A/R, A/P, deposits, bill payments, bank wires, statement reconciliations, invoice & records management)
- Support the continued development of the company's accounting policies and procedures including making the accounting process more efficient
- Respond to inquiries from the finance team leadership and company managers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience in accounting
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and experience in applying principles in practice
- Experience in closing a general ledger and/or audit, account reconciliation, JE preparation, maintenance of accounting schedules, including all required support, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems, preferred
- Organized, high attention to detail, ability to communicate and collaborate within a team environment
- Experience in a direct to consumer retail or e-commerce company, preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $60-65k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company. What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we're passionate about the employee experience. That's why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation.You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company.RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance.Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match.We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy.We know it's important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance.100%employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education.Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
More About Us:
- Employee Discounts.As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you'll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits.We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities.In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice - we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other - our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.