is a trusted and well-known leader in the chemical industry for over 80 years. We have opportunities for motivated hard-workers to learn and develop a career with our Water Treatment
business segment. Our route sales/delivery approach to supplying products and equipment to our customers in 27+ states ensures superb customer service and support. Our customers include water and wastewater treatment systems, municipal and commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, and industries like oil/gas and agricultural farmers/growers.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
To learn more about Hawkins Water Treatment and the sales, delivery and warehouse positions, watch this short video.ABOUT THE JOB
The Route Sales Driver
(or Technical Sales Rep) position combines sales, customer service, delivery and travel throughout the assigned territory. As part of a small, efficient and flexible branch team, each team member is expected to be a strong contributor and help meet the objectives of safety, customer satisfaction and sales growth. This position works independently - but help is always just a phone call away! The work week is generally Monday through Friday with 10+ hour days and an occasional overnight route.
Many aspects of this job - from driving to chemical handling to sales - are learned through paid on-the-job training! Responsibilities
- Call on existing and new customers to maintain and grow business through sales efforts, problem-solving and technical support of chemical products and equipment.
- Develop productive, productive relationships with new and existing customers.
- Efficiently and safely deliver chemical and other products to customers on a company truck (usually a 26,000 pound straight/box truck).
- Provide "hands-on" service of equipment, which may include visually inspecting, repairing and adjusting chemical feed equipment.
- Contribute to the overall operations and responsibilities of the branch office, include warehouse functions like shipping, receiving, inventory, etc.
Benefits of working for Hawkins, an award-winning employer, include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL with Hazmat endorsement (must be 21+ to obtain) and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Able to pass a DOT physical and drug screening
- Strong communication skills and follow-through
- Prior sales experience or the ability to learn
- Basic computer and math skills
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally, safely operate a forklift, climb in and out of the truck and enter customer sites repeatedly, reach overhead and perform manual tasks, and work in all weather conditions indoors and outdoors in required PPE - all while following safety standards and requirements
- Paid on-the-job training
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous 401(k) employer match
- Company-paid uniforms
- Cell phone stipend
- Company credit card for overnight stays
- A focus on YOUR DEVELOPMENT
All applications must be received online. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Hawkins is a Drug Free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)