Rensselaer, NY 12144 US (Primary)
$104,300.00 - $180,900.00
Job Summary and Essential Functions
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) applies cutting-edge technology to operating a reliable electricity system, managing competitive markets for wholesale electricity, and planning for the Empire State's energy future. The NYISO's Finance department invites applications for a full-time Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for administering the company's budgetary processes, financial reporting, and treasury management functions; providing direct supervision for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounting personnel; and serving on management committees and project teams as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Budgetary Oversight
- Treasury Management
- Financial Reporting
- Federal Grant Accounting/Reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Tax Reporting
- Clearing of Market Participant Receivables/Payables
- Employee Expense Reports and Vendor Accounts Payable
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Management and Administrative functions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA license required.
- Ten years related experience including public accounting; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated successful management and leadership skills; excellent communication skills in written, oral and presentation format are required.
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and innovative reward programs.
The NYISO offers the flexibility to work both in the office and remotely, providing our employees with an enhanced work life balance. While the majority of the responsibilities of this role can be performed remotely, in most cases, employees will have periodic on-site requirements based on business needs. Full remote opportunities may be available in some cases.
NYISO requires a COVID vaccine as a condition of employment but complies with all state and federal laws. All offers of employment will be made contingent upon the successful completion of a drug screening and background check.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.