Peraton is seeking a Revenue Accountant
in support of our Corporate Technical Accounting team initiatives. This exciting opportunity will provide an avenue for continued growth and exposure to other areas within the team.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recognition of revenue, unbilled receivables, and deferred revenue.
- Identify potential revenue issues and communicate to management to ensure appropriate treatment.
- Perform month end closing of revenue ledgers with closing schedules and account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain accounting policies and procedures related to revenue, unbilled and related activities.
- Assist in identifying and implementing improvements to the process.
- Ensure compliance with and continually improve internal controls over revenue.
- Work directly with internal and external auditors to facilitate audit requirements related to revenue recognition and insure audit efficiency.
- Complete special projects and other ad hoc requests.
- Support due diligence and integration efforts.
- Assist in ERP System conversions as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience using revenue recognition standards (605 and 606).
- Possess a strong understanding of the government contracting environment.
- Have managerial experience.
- Have experience with Deltek Costpoint.
- Have a working knowledge of FAR and CAS.
- You have working knowledge of MS Office business applications.
- You are a self-starter, team player, problem solver, and possess a high degree of integrity.
- CPA License
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent writing and presentation/communication skills
- Superb analytical and qualitative strategic thinking capabilities
- Excel at working well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have the rapport and the attitude to ask the right questions that will lead to the core of a problem and execute resolution quickly and efficiently.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $52,603.20
Colorado Salary Maximum:$112,465.60
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.