Parkway Corporation is seeking a staff accountant with a strong GAAP background to apply principles of accounting to prepare financial information and analyze financial reports by performing the following duties:Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from a four-year college or university and two to three years related experience.
- Preferred CPA/MBA, not required.
$65k starting, based on experience.Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Abilities
Adheres To Parkway Core ValuesIntegrity
- Compiles and analyzes necessary financial information/ enters journal entries into the general ledger accounts so financial statements can be produced.
- Analyzes financial information monthly detailing assets, liabilities, and capital accounts.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit, loss statement, and other reports monthly and as requested to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for management so that they can accurately prepare quarterly variance reports and make informed business decisions.
- Maintains complete accounting schedules and work papers, as deemed necessary by internal accounting control measures and procedures per account.
- Prepares timely and accurate financial statements for all assigned locations ensuring that the final package is delivered to management by the contractual due date and/or internal accounting assigned due dates.
- Prepares management fee invoices on a monthly basis.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly payroll and payroll tax analysis and records appropriate journal entries for all assigned locations.
- Prepares parking tax summary spreadsheet for all assigned locations.
- Enters currency and runs translations in Oracle for all foreign entities as assigned.
- Assists in all assigned year-end audits by providing consolidated work papers for various accounts and any other auditor's requests
- Has knowledge of Fixed Asset accounting.
- Updates and maintains GL procedure manual for areas of responsibility.
- Assists in the preparation and assembling of financial reporting packages to third-party owners on a monthly basis. This includes assisting other members of the accounting team with their reporting packages, as well as one's own.
- Completes all open items within 1 month of issuing the open item. If the open item is not addressed within a month, a description of why it has not been completed is given to accounting management.
- Completes open items from the auditors within 1 day, or sooner of receiving the open items.
- Prepares AR billing vouchers, AP check requests, financial reports, and other records as needed.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Provides financial information and training to internal and external customers as requested and needed in order to ensure effective and efficient cross-functional communication and workflow.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including the use of proper lifting and carrying techniques and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed.
- Builds respect and gains the trust of others as a result of making and keeping commitments. Takes responsibility for actions.Initiative
- Self-starter who works to improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop new opportunities. Consistently works toward self-development, takes advantage of available educational opportunities, and proposes plans for development.Customer Focused -
Considers both internal and external customers to be a priority, and works closely with them to identify and anticipate their needs. Maintains frequent communication with the customer to set realistic expectations. Recognizes the value of and provides exceptional customer service at all times.Team Player -
Seeks opportunities to contribute across organizational "walls." Has a positive impact on the team dynamics. Adds many complementary skills to the team. Accepts new responsibilities with great enthusiasm.Interpersonal Skills
- Deals with others in a pleasant and respectful manner. Displays compassion and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others and different cultures. Listens more than speaks and makes it clear that the perspectives of others are very important.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)