The Bistro Attendant is responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner specifically within the Bistro at the Hotel. ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm friendly courteous and professional manner.
- Clear clean and reset tables as needed.
- Preparing buffet station for food set up. Ensuring buffet is stocked with silverware plates and glassware.
- Accommodate any special requests made by a guest or offer appropriate alternatives.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side work duties according to station rotation assignment.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked tidy and clean.
- Employees must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and all of their fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
The Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End puts you nearby Nashville's most iconic spots such as the Lower Broadway Honky Tonks, The Gulch, Green Hills and Hillsboro Village and more. Venture out further into Nashville with our complimentary shuttle offering rides within a 2-mile radius. If Vanderbilt University is on your list, the University is just two blocks away. Our Nashville TN hotel offers plush beds, complimentary Wi-Fi and ergonomic workstations to cover all travel needs. Guests can power-up their mornings with a hearty breakfast and Starbucks® coffee served at The Bistro. Then, return in the evenings for tasty dinner entrées and handcrafted cocktails. Our two meeting rooms are perfect for business meetings and intimate social gatherings alike.Company Overview
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan