AUDITOR IIWHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The auditor will work within a team and on occasion as an individual contributor on routine audit assignments testing internal controls and ensuring compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Assigned to one of the following areas:• Financial, operational and process audits to assess the adequacy of the banks internal control environment. • Fiduciary and private banking audits in corporate, employee benefit, and personal trust relationships, propriety mutual funds, security sales and trading, and insurance activities.• Compliance with various laws, rules, regulation, and other regulatory pronouncements.WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEEDMust-Have*
- Completes time sheets and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Develops a general knowledge of the business, regulatory and accounting and control environment in which City National Bank operates.
- Keeps informed of new services, products and events that have a significant technology and business impact.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the business, regulatory, accounting and control environment in which City National operates, particularly in areas where audit responsibilities are assigned.
- Assists the Senior Auditor and or Audit Manager in the development of the audit scope.
- Holds preliminary discussions and interviews with auditees prior to the beginning of the field work.
- Prepares narratives/flowcharts detailing internal controls of area audited.
- Documents the workflow in the area audited, develops audit programs or procedures, and updates audit programs as necessary.
- Performs program procedures and documents work performed, test results and conclusions using work paper preparation guidelines.
- Holds discussions/interview with auditee to gather information, obtains explanations and supporting data/information and documents audit findings and the conclusions drawn.
- Keeps the Senior Auditor and/or Audit Manager abreast of progress, issues and audit matters as they arise.
- Contributes to the drafting of audit observation sheets and audit reports.
- Supports and or participates in audit exit meeting with management.
- Ensures written reports are properly prepared and formatted for distribution.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in performing internal control audits and risk assessments required.
- Minimum 1 year of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas required.
- Understanding of risks, internal controls, work paper documentation and issue identification concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently or under the guidance and supervision of a Senior Auditor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Prior financial services industry experience is a plus.
Starting base salary: $82,601 - $104,065 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled