About the Job
Sovrn is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager
to help create buyer personas and messaging and coordinate go-to-market efforts for our suite of advertising products.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in B2B product marketing. You must be able to learn new markets quickly and develop engaging messaging for various buyers to drive awareness, engagement, and demand. In addition, you must be able to work across internal departments to facilitate go-to-market activities, including rolling out new products to the market and product updates to existing customers. What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate the launch plan for new products and significant new features to enable customer facing teams to successfully communicate the product value.
- Collaborate on customer personas, competitor analysis to establish our position in the market landscape through research and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Translate technical features into consistent and compelling benefits-driven positioning and messaging copy that can be leveraged by multiple teams.
- Execute product marketing initiatives aligned with our product roadmap (ex. Customer-facing documentation, website copy, etc.)
- Collaborate cross-functionally on the creation of trainings, product pitch decks, data sheets, talking points, battle cards for the sales and customer success teams
- Tell and share great customer success and product stories through content for videos, blog posts, or case studies.
- Work closely with Product to understand the roadmap and develop plans to announce new product features and updates.
- Be a product evangelist -- internally and externally.
- Act as the glue to bring together Product, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to effectively and professionally take our products to market
You learn like it's your job-because it is. You ask questions, and you don't settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. And you are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude. You're comfortable collaborating with-and seeking out-everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish. This successful candidate will have:
This position reports to:
- Proven experience and enthusiasm as a B2B Product Marketer, or similar role
- Ideally have experience working in the programmatic advertising industry or product-led software companies and bring strong knowledge and experience of delivering Product Marketing activities in this environment.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for product marketing and articulating customer value
- Experience planning and executing the tactics
- A can-do attitude and is an excellent business partner
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with Product, Marketing, and Sales Organizations to support our GTM strategy
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Drive to take ownership of projects
- Ability to translate complex solutions into simple, compelling messaging
- Positive collaborative energy and proactive project management skills
Director, Product Marketing Location:
Boulder, Denver, New York, London
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for. About Sovrn
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't. Sovrn Core Values
: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $78,000 - $103,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program. Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Recruitment Agencies
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.