LEAD INCIDENT MGMTWHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Incident Management Lead is a People Manager position who will have Incident Management Analyst direct reports. Works with all T&I support teams across the enterprise to maintain and execute City National Banks Incident Management process. This includes commanding major incidents, escalating to appropriate teams, prioritizing and escalating incidents appropriately, documenting and communicating status and analysis of incident trends and statistics. Drive positive change across all teams who use the incident management process. Training of support teams and the Business pertaining to the Incident Management process along with their responsibilities in it. The Senior role includes designing and implementing processes and procedures to meet enterprise standards and regulatory requirements. Will also respond to audit and regulatory requests for information related to Incident Management processes and records. Will be expected to manage and complete projects related to uplift and evolution of the enterprise incident management process. Will be responsible for scheduled and ad-hoc reporting of KPIs, KRIs and other metrics to business managers, risk committees, senior leadership and other interested stakeholders. The Lead role is also responsible for participating in the review of Policy and Standards, training all colleagues who participate in the Incident Management process in the correct proceedures, evaluates standards adherence, identifies and designs key risk controls and is responsible for ensuring that all Incident Management processes meet or exceed published standards.Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams. WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEEDMust-Have*
- Prioritizes and Commands high priority major incident calls including communication with Executives and Crisis Management Teams
- Maintains and reviews high priority incident documentation in the Incident Management Module including sending Senior Leadership and stakeholder communications
- Lead the progress and development of the Post Incident Review (PIR) process and ensure proper improvements are designed and implemented. Focus on improvements in T&I participation, Reporting, and automation. Participates in and may Chair PIR meetings which includes note taking and distribution.
- Properly escalate and ensue the team properly escalates issues that have potential to generate impact including documenting problem records/tasks and known issues./ ensure proper procedures are followed with documentation in these areas
- Design and Generate reports to analyze and recognize incident trends, escalate and make suggestions on how to remediate.
- Participate in Change Review meeting. Approve Change Requests and ensure all Change Requests are in compliance and are appropriate for cross impact considerations.
- Design, coordinate and implement updates to the Incident mgmt process
- Oversee the development of a training program to help staff from many departments manage incidents efficiently and confidently. Inspire teams to work with the incident management team to ensure efficiency and standards compliance.
- Participate in audits and examinations of the Incident Management processes. Responsibility for tracking and closing audit findings and Self Identified issues and improvements in process and controls.
- Evaluate analyze and reports of trends and reoccurring issues. Escalate to the SLT and appropriate Risk and Operations committees as necessary and provide leadership for resolutions and improvements to resilience of systems and service availability.
- Ensure the Incident Management process is in compliance with all policies, standards and applicable regulations.
- Evaluate and document team performance reviews. Deliver team member reviews to the staff.
- All other appropriate duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 7 year in an Incident Management focused role
- ITSM Toolset and SharePoint experience preferred
- ITIL V4 Foundation Certification preferred
- ITIL V4 Managing Professional Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Incident management methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively across the reporting structure of an enterprise technology division
- General familiarity with an enterprise technology environment that involves server and cloud hosted applications, databases, network architecture and multiple technology platforms
- Experience working with regulatory auditors
- Experience managing meetings of assertive technical stakeholders and guiding discussions into decisions'
Starting base salary: $130,990 - $170,155 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled