CREDIT OFFICER SENIOR-SPECIALTY BANKINGWHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to the cash flow lending/leveraged finance group within Specialty Banking. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ('CRR') is submitted.Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEEDMust-Have*
- Reviews loan requests, historical financial information, cash flow projections and third party reporting (e.g., Quality of Earnings Reports, Environmental reports, cash flow projections, industry analysis, etc); evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager, Team Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Manager and Manager and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Provides input to the Relationship Manager and Credit Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or to low. Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Performs quarterly Problem Loan reporting for Criticized / Classified credits including: financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Takes a proactive approach toward development and implementation of Action Plans. Escalates potential credit issues to Relationship Manager, Team Manager, and/or Credit Manager.
- Has primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to respond to past dues based in partnership with Relationship Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- Participate in the training and development of the Credit Analyst on the team including financial statement analysis, business writing, cash flow modeling and enterprise valuation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in underwriting medium to large sized and moderately-complex cash flow credit required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- College degree in Business Administration preferred or a related field
- MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Requires extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of leveraged lending credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit problems.
- Communicates skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required.
Starting base salary: $130,990 - $170,155 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled