Human Resources Assistant
The University of New Mexico's (UNM) Office for Academic Personnel is seeking a customer-focused, forward-thinking HR Tech to provide support to the Director and the Office for Academic Personnel regarding faculty personnel actions, administrative support, personnel file maintenance, and maintaining record keeping associated with labor relations processes.
The newly Office for Academic Personnel (OAP) serves as a central service center for administrators and faculty. It specifically supports the recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, retention and oversight of a diverse, highly talented faculty within academic units on UNM Main and Branch campuses. The HR Tech will support OAP by independently performing routine HR and administrative support activities and in leading the coordination and administration of various HR initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage office phone and email accounts. Perform routine correspondence with applicants, new faculty, and departmental clients.
• Implement and maintain electronic personnel file system. Oversee transition of legacy filing system to electronic personnel files.
• Coordinates meetings on behalf of the OAP to support labor relations process including bargaining sessions. This includes finding scheduling space, often off campus and arranging room setup and parking, if necessary.
• Taking notes and preparing meeting minutes regarding confidential personnel actions and labor relations activities.
• Updating OAP website, updates routine documentation published for
• Overseeing intake information and requests and organizing responsive information.
• Maintains OAP databases related to personnel files, labor agreements, and HR processes.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of collective bargaining agreements, labor relations, employee relations and human resources practices.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University's influenza vaccination requirement.
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations.
• Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Main - Albuquerque, NM
Provost Office Staff (688A)
Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
$14.68 - $20.55 Hourly
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application consists of: a resume, cover letter that addresses the qualifications for the position, and the contract information for 3 supervisory references.
The University of New Mexico has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for UNM students and employees. For detailed information, visit https://bringbackthepack.unm.edu/vaccine/vaccine-requirement.htmlPositions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.