The New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator is a statewide, centralized, academically based medico-legal death investigative agency for New Mexico. OMI is looking for a Accountant 3.
Monitors the business activities of the organization through the maintenance and control of financial records. Performs advanced accounting functions in the management of the organization's business affairs. Prepares integrated financial and statistical reports, statements, projections, and recommendations that may have long-term impact on funding for the organization. Supervises the activities of staff within a business unit, as appropriate to the position. If in a core office, this position is responsible for the internal controls needed to maintain the integrity of UNM's financial system as well as meet the university's institutional regulatory and compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee OMI budget which includes both unrestricted and restricted indices, reviews and reports financial transactions to funding sources; ensures accuracy, completeness, and compliance with university, local, state, and federal requirements, and standard accounting and audit procedures.
2. Responsible for Salary and Budget planner in loboweb
3. Mid-year and Year-end projection in loboweb
4. Prepare income statements for quarterly board meeting
5. Revenue and Expenses projection
6. Pre-review effort certification on grants/contracts funded.
7. Approve expenditures and mileage reimbursement in chromes river
8. Approve time sheets
9. Prepare Journal vouchers
10. Tracking and requesting payment on Aging invoices
11. Monthly budget update report to the following: Chief and to Director of Operations, PIs who have grants/contracts funded, Fellows on book fund and Faculty on FOM funding
12. Assist faculty on grants/contract proposal submission
13. Work with PreAward on proposals submission for faculty
14. Work with Contracts and Grants office for Post Award needs after a grant/contract is funded
15. Work with Office of Clinical contracts office for new service contracts set up, and renewal services contracts
16. Work with Purchasing on Transporters' contract
17. Create PO request and for invoice payments
18. Prepare income statements for quarterly board meeting
19. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
Bachelor's degree and successful completion of at least 15 credit hours of university-level accounting through intermediate accounting; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Contracts and grants
This position will require a pre-employment criminal background check. Future and/or continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a satisfactory background check, which is one that does not include any disqualifying findings.
Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM
Office of the Medical Investigator (389A)
Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
$3553.33 to $5151.47 Monthly
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please submit an updated resume with approximate hours worked per week in each position listed, three supervisor references with contact details, and a cover letter explaining how your experience aligns with the preferred qualification as listed on the posting.
The University of New Mexico has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for UNM students and employees. For detailed information, visit https://bringbackthepack.unm.edu/vaccine/vaccine-requirement.htmlPositions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.