KIPP Public Schools is a network of 270 public charter schools with nearly 10,000 educators and more than 160,000 students and alumni. You can learn more at www.kipp.org.KIPP JACKSONVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
KIPP Jacksonville Public Schools is part of the KIPP national network. Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
High quality teaching in our classrooms is not only about getting great academic results; it must also be about encouraging and equipping our students to use their voices to call out injustice and to build a more just world. We are more committed than ever to making sure ALL decisions that affect students at KIPP Jacksonville are filtered through a lens of equity and racial justice.
In the 2022-23 school year, the KIPP Jacksonville region will be comprised of four schools educating 2,000+ students, kindergarten through tenth grade, in the North and Westsides of Jacksonville, Florida:
- KIPP Impact Academy: Kindergarten - 2nd, 6th - 8th grade
- KIPP VOICE Academy: Kindergarten - 7th grade
- KIPP Bessie Coleman Academy: Kindergarten - 8th grade
- KIPP Bold City High School: 9th - 10th grade
To support these schools, we will employ approximately almost 300 full-time staff members. We seek educators and colleagues that represent our core values of high expectations, growth mindset, commitment to team, trust, joy, and sustainability. To learn more about what it is like to work and teach at KIPP Jacksonville Public Schools, please visit www.kippjax.org/teach. To see all openings, visit our Regional Job Board.Job Description
This position will be based in our regional offices in Jacksonville, FL. The position is face-to-face. This role would ideally start mid-June of 2022.
Position level of "Director" versus "Senior Director" would be determined upon qualifications of candidates. The pay range for this position reflects the range of a Director to a Senior Director role. POSITION OVERVIEW
Reporting to the COO, the Senior Director of Finance ("SDF") is responsible for overseeing all financial functions within KIPP Jacksonville. In doing so, the DF/SDF will be charged with refining and executing on the strategic financial vision for KIPP Jacksonville and managing a team to sustain efficiency in all aspects of finance and accounting. The DF/SDF manages a Finance and Operations Associate.
The role is a full-time, Director or Senior Director-level role that reports to the COO on the shared services team and is part of the larger operations team that supports schools. As a member of the shared services team, this individual would be responsible for doing whatever it takes to ensure that students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to succeed throughout their education and in the competitive world beyond.
This position is year-round and performs duties as assigned by their manager. Typical hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but can vary based on role and season.SPECIFIC DUTIES
Supporting our Schools:
- Serve as a thought-partner to school and regional leaders in all aspects of financial decision-making through strong internal control and budgeting processes, financial reporting, and analysis
- Support school leaders and Dean of Operations with the training, tools, and supervision needed to effectively manage school-level financial operations
Refine and Execute on the strategic financial vision for KIPP Jacksonville:
- Develop, refine, document, and implement organization-wide processes, reports and dashboards to support effective communication on all finance matters across the organization
- Prepares management reports that provide insights into the organization's performance against its financial plans and related financial health
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to school finance in Jacksonville.
- Refine and maintain appropriate internal controls and related financial risk management.
- Refine and maintain financial models that will inform both near term and long-term decision making by school and regional leaders
- Support the acquisition and planning for new facilities and sizeable equipment and technology, determining cost-effective solutions related to the expansion of the region
- Develop a strategic financial plan reflecting educational priorities and sustainability
- Liaise with Finance Committee and larger BOT on all finance matters
Manage staff to sustained efficacy in all accounting practices:
- Direct the preparation of reports to meet the compliance needs of government agencies, grants, and bank covenants
- Manage staff to successfully prepare for organizational audits performed by independent financial auditors
- Supervise and execute on organizational-wide accounting practices to ensure continuous compliance in all aspects of financial reporting
- Support strong grant management and monthly reconciliation of private dollars
- Other duties as assigned by their manager
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- KIPP Jacksonville Schools believes that our staff will represent our core values of high expectations, growth mindset, commitment to team, trust, joy, and sustainability. We search for established educators and staff who embody them.
- Possesses a deep commitment to both racial and educational equity for all children
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting or a related field
- 5+ years serving in a management role such as Director of Finance, Controller or equivalent
- Excellent financial modeling skills, which includes an aptitude for advanced functions with MS Excel
- Proficiency in using accounting software
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Superb written and oral communication skills; comfort explaining complex financial matters in a simple way and an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to accommodate a high level of responsibility, multiple priorities and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment with a proven ability to balance multiple deadlines and tasks. Detail orientation is a must
- Ability to bring a creative approach to assessing and analyzing the organization's financial efficiency and effectiveness
- Passing a background check, as required by law.
- Experience working in or with charter schools and/or other education, non-profit or public sector organization
Please complete an application and upload a resume via our job board. No applicants will be considered that submit resumes through other job postings. Link here: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/KIPP/jacksonville COMPENSATION*
Our compensation is very competitive and is commensurate with experience
- Compensation for this role will be between $65,000-$94,000
- Free individual level health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free individual short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement program with a company match
*Please note offers are subject to change.QUESTIONS
If you have questions about positions at KIPP Jacksonville Public Schools, please email Lauren at email@example.com. Please understand that resumes and/or cover letters are not accepted via email and you will be redirected to apply via the website.
KIPP Jacksonville Public Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our schools. KIPP Jacksonville Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.