Provides administrative support to include coordinating the bid process, special orders, delivery and invoicing as directed by the Outside Sales Representatives, Sales Manager and/or General Manager.
The pay range for this position is $15.40/hr - $23.10/hr depending on experience.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATIONS
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualifications requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Administers the request for bid process including qualifying client needs, pricing material lists and preparing bids to be presented to clients as directed by Outside Sales Representatives, Sales Manager, and General Manager, in accordance with established procedures, timing, and gross margin direction.
2. Coordinates with various internal departments to include delivery, accounts receivable and bookkeeping, and other locations such as door shops, cabinet sales, and other installed sales to ensure consistent client service throughout the organization.
3. Receives blueprints and sends to estimators; and documents incoming plans from clients and sends to appropriate departments for takeoffs and to prepare material lists.
4. Works in conjunction with the Purchasing Department, in researching, pricing and submitting special orders according to established procedures; follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of special order; and notifies clients and sales associates of special order arrivals and arranges the delivery or pick up of merchandise.
5. Schedules delivery of the merchandise to clients, according to established procedures; and generates load documents to facilitate load building and delivery of products.
6. Responds to client inquiries. May conduct client visitations and converse with clients in the absence of assigned sales associate to maintain good client relationships.
7. Maintains a clean and organized work area to enable sales associates, the Sales Manager and/or General Manager to easily access pending bids, orders and client service requests. Files and maintains jobs and purchase orders.
8. Schedules pickups, and assists in processing merchandise returns including completing the required paperwork and processing credits to accounts.
9. Provides client service at the contractor sales counter, as required.
10. Attends and participates in all Company sponsored training programs as required.
11. Performs any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as bids, basic blueprints, takeoffs, engineered drawings, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or associates of an organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent organizational and client service skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Outlook, and Excel is preferred skills.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents, and viewpoints in our workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)