Respond to Store Customer needs, demonstrate product(s), and close the sale(s). Provide customers with a shopping atmosphere that is well maintained, clean, organized and safe.
The pay range for this position is $13.00/hr - $20.00/hr depending on experience.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide quality Customer Service by responding to Customer requests, explaining merchandise features, demonstrating merchandise and making sales in Departments 3-15. Provide displays, brochures and other point of sale information as needed to assist the Customer to make buying decisions.
2. Complete all paperwork for sale, take special orders for Customers and complete new merchandise requests; ring up sales on cash register as required.
3. Sticker merchandise and display according to Plan-o-grams, display and signing guidelines. Monitor merchandise movement and advise management of fast/slow moving SKU's. Maintain accurate bin tags and signing in the store.
4. Monitor standardized merchandise on regular basis to meet predetermined stock levels or special order needs. Advise management of stock levels and assist in preparing purchase orders as requested.
5. Monitor inventory, sales practices and Customer behavior to decrease opportunity for breaches of safety and security policies.
6. Accept returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise. Process refunds, credits and exchanges according to Company procedures to assure customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of inventory. Coordinate with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise.
7. Maintain a clean store environment including doors, floors, windows, ceilings, restrooms and work stations. Clean and dust products and displays and face the products. Ensure aisles and other areas are clear of obstacles to allow customers to shop easily and safely.
8. Assist in the preparation of the store and product displays for advertised events and promotions.
9. Participate in the execution of scheduled cycle counts.
10. Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required.
11. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Good interpersonal, communication, sales and Customer Service skills are necessary. Knowledge of building materials products (especially hardlines) is desirable. Ability to operate computer equipment and applicable programs is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)