$24.96-$32.00 PER HR DOE
Join our Team! We offer an excellent benefits package!
3 weeks vacation * 12 days sick leave * 13 holidays* medical * dental* vision* life insurance * LTD * AD&D * pension * 403b * catastrophic & accident ins * flexible & remote schedules.POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Assistant Accounting Director, the AR Staff Accountant is responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable, contract billing, collection and cash receipts. This AR Staff Accountant will be assigned to Accounts Receivable. Duties include preparation of billing for state and federal contract to comply with contract requirements, insurance companies and individual customers. Generate management reports as needed and prepare accounts receivable data for computer input. ResponsibilitiesStaff Accountant Duties:
- Prepare billing documents and invoices for submission to various funding sources. Ensure timely submission of invoices to facilitate agency cash flow. Maintain, prepare, and/or collect data necessary to prepare accurate and timely billings.
- Post/code deposit information to the accounts receivable subsidiary ledger. Follow up on payment discrepancies with the various funding sources. Monitor receivable balances and issue refunds pursuant to agency policy.
- Review invoices/billing documents for compliance with contract requirements related to revenue reimbursement. Tracks and monitors receipt of authorizations required by funding sources. Prepares information for programs to facilitate the authorization process.
- Maintain billing and cash receipt files.
- Maintain aged receivables listing. Ensure the Assistant Accounting Director and Program Managers receive accurate and timely reports on a monthly basis for management decision making purposes. Monitor aged receivables and facilitate the collection of past due accounts. Provide billing and payment history information to program staff upon request.
- Maintain accurate client history information of billings and cash receipts through the subsidiary accounts receivable system.
- Reconcile receivable, cash receipt, and revenue balances to the general ledger on a monthly basis and resolve any reconciling items in a timely manner. Prepare and post accounts receivable, cash receipt, and revenue journal entries to the general ledger.
- Write off past due accounts as requested and approved by the Assistant Accounting Director or Program Manager.
- Assist in providing information related to receivables, cash receipts and revenue for the annual regional office's audit.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Assumes any other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned.
All employees working in CCS have the responsibility for developing and safekeeping a workplace which values and supports a culturally diverse work environment. Employee's treatment of each other, their willingness to try new ways and ideas - all these things contribute greatly to the organization's success in providing an open, culturally enriched and diverse workplace.EMPLOYEE PLEDGE:
We will not tolerate attitudes, behaviors, or statements that alienate, offend, or injure any person associated with CCS because of their racial or ethnic origin. We will enable and support all efforts to become aware of and eliminate racism and racist behaviors within CCS and the broader community. We will take exceptional steps to identify and root out such biases, especially where there appear to be long standing, institutional patterns of unacceptable behavior or lack of performance.JOB CONDITIONS:
Working conditions include working in an office environment. Regular working hours may occur any day of the week or time of the day.PHYSICAL & MENTAL ACUITY DEMANDS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (To Comply with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the Essential Duties of the job. "F" for frequent; "O" for occasional; "N" for not at all.)
- Able to hear telephone rings, phone conversation, emergency alarms and client conversations. (F)
- Able to speak clearly in person and on the telephone. (F)
- Able to hand write legibly. (O)
- Able to read normal size print and handwritten information. (F)
- Able to sit for sustained periods of time. (F)
- Mobility of hands/arms to enable use of computer and other office equipment. (F)
- Able to make independent decisions and apply sound judgment in performing job duties. (F)
- AA in Accounting or equivalent experience in academic training.
- 3 years experience working in the accounting field.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a team.
- Strong computer skills especially in Windows, Excel and accounting software packages
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a busy/diverse environment.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
- Property Management accounting experience
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.