$ 91,268 $ 109,512 $ 127,775 ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County's only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission-and our passion-to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth.
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment medical screen . Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws. JOB SUMMARY:
In consultation with Executive Director of Human Resources, administers and implements direct and indirect compensation programs for Marin General. Ensures that all compensation programs are administered in compliance with Hospital policies and any state and federal laws.
Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all tables, data entry, and processing related to the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). This includes super-user status and primary liaison between Human Resources and Payroll for all issues related to employee status and payment. Ensures that all new employee, status change and compensation processing is completed accurately and in a timely manner.JOB SPECIFICATIONS:EDUCATION
A bachelor's degree in human resource management or equivalent field preferred.EXPERIENCE
Approximately five (5) to ten (10) years of progressively more responsible compensation experience preferably in a healthcare environment.PREREQUISITE SKILLS
- Knowledge of Human Resources management and compensation, as well as basic statistics at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in business or a closely related field in order to understand and effectively communicate compensation-related matters.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve compensation and/or benefits-related problems, make recommendations concerning departmental policies and procedures, and assist in development of Hospital pay program goals and objectives.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to respond to management inquiries/concerns, and communicate with a wide variety of Hospital and outside personnel when gathering, exchanging, and interpreting compensation or other employee data.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve compensation database problems, design methods of maintaining compensation programs, and analyze statistical reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate PC based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage or perform as a super user of a sophisticated human resource application database.
- Knowledge of basic business applications at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in business or a closely related field in order to understand and effectively communicate compensation-related issues.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to respond to management inquiries/concerns, and communicate with a wide variety of Hospital and outside personnel when gathering, exchanging and interpreting hospital policies and state and federal regulations.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, HRIS (preferably Paragon Payroll), and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently on prioritizing job responsibilities and multiple tasks around deadlines, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and following procedures. Attention to detail and follow through. Customer-service oriented, exercise good judgment, and maintains a high level of confidentiality. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills needed.
N/APRIMARY CUSTOMER SERVED (Age Specific Criteria):
This position is not a patient care position, and as such, this section does not apply.PATIENT PRIVACY (HIPAA Compliance):
Employees in this position do not have access to protected health information.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:ESSENTIAL (not modifiable)
- Implements wage and salary administration programs and related policies and procedures, including but not limited to, job analysis techniques, job description preparation, job evaluation methodology, and pay structure development. Make suggestions for enhancements.
- Administers Hospital job evaluation program and pay survey data collection efforts. Establishes procedures for maintenance of an equitable and competitive wage and salary structure designed to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Oversees administration of wage and salary programs, ensuring programs are in compliance with Hospital policies and procedures as well as state and federal employee relations regulations.
- Recommends, secures approval of, and implements adjustments to pay structures based on analyses of pay survey data and Hospital pay philosophy.
- Oversees day-to-day processing of personnel records in order to maintain accurate, current files of employee status changes, pay rates, job grades, and the like. Ensures records contain pertinent information on individual personnel and files are kept in accordance with established policies.
- Participates in development of and oversees training programs for supervisors and managers regarding compensation-related matters such as writing job descriptions, preparing performance plans, conducting performance appraisals and the like.
- Advises and counsels a variety of department and Hospital employees regarding Hospital compensation-related policies and procedures.
- Oversees and supervises all processes associated with the hospital's HRIS system (Paragon Payroll), ensuring that all paperwork (new employee and compensation related), system tables, and ancillary systems are accurately maintained, including, but not limited to, new hires, salary changes, transfers, terminations, benefits enrollment and/or terminations.
- Coordinates all issues related to Payroll processing and interpretation and application of pay practices as translated to the HRIS system. Periodically audits benefits and compensation data and evaluates operational procedures (e.g., workflow) for effectiveness and efficiency. Primary resource/liaison for employees, vendors, and all hospital staff (e.g., Payroll, Finance, etc.).
- Creates, evaluates, and when required, develops and distributes reports for department or hospital-wide use.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth requires employees to receive all required immunizations, including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for limited and specific situations.