Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist will support Year Up's enrollment efforts by working with National and local staff across the Year Up network. The Marketing Specialist will assist with the execution of our marketing strategy and build the Year Up brand through content creation and maintenance of projects. Working cross-functionally and with external contractors, the Marketing Specialist will foster brand alignment across the organization, provide strong project management & stakeholder support, and deliver high-quality, on-brand, and timely work.
To be successful in this role, you'll characterize yourself as a detail-oriented self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You'll be comfortable helping manage projects involving multiple stakeholders, bringing strong problem-solving, writing, communication, relationship-building, and organizational skills to effectively move projects forward and get things done with high quality. You have a strong understanding of messaging and a sharp eye and compelling design. Strong candidates will bring a passion for advancing social and economic justice and will be prepared to engage with Year Up's mission and constituents, keeping Year Up's mission as the central driver of their work.
The Specialist will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.We are open to candidates living in any of the states in which Year Up operates https://www.yearup.org/locations. EST time zone preferred.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
National Team Member
- Understand the stakeholder audience, and assist with developing marketing strategies keyed into that audience
- Help inform the integrated marketing strategy, development, and execution for stakeholder functions across various marketing channels and mediums, including but not limited to email, text, social, web, print, and video
- Assist with creating project plans and creative briefs that tie back to key marketing strategies and objectives
- Project manage the development of high-quality, on-brand content across a variety of channels and mediums, including but not limited to email, social, print, web, video
- Build and optimize email communications for key stakeholders
- Leverage Salesforce, Twilio, Target X and other marketing systems to update and test email and text campaigns
- Leverage basic graphic design and collateral creation (using programs such as InDesign and Illustrator) to develop assets that tie back to key marketing strategies
- Help create and inform processes that support effective and efficient execution of routine or administrative tasks
- Support with analytics and measuring the success and impact of the marketing work executed
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 2-3+ years' marketing/communications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; copywriting and copyediting experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to translate brand guidelines and elements across various types of content
- Creative mindset with an eye for visual design
- Ability to seek out and absorb lots of information
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage projects involving multiple stakeholders and facilitate the communications necessary to support them
- Ability to manage competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in content creation tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as TargetX, Marketo a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Drupal a plus
- Experience with asset management system(s) preferred
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and skills.
- Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
- Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
- Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
** This is a non-exempt role (paid on an hourly basis). **ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION:
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 workforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults-no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country-a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults, and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up's intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has directly served more than 35,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up's nationwide presence includes Arizona, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding and impactful place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.TO APPLY:
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.COVID-19 UPDATE:To ensure the safety of our young adults, staff, and families as we return to in-person work, Year Up requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless someone qualifies for an exception. Subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from being vaccinated. Face masks and physical distancing are also required in Year Up spaces.#hybrid