Reporting to the Director of Business Analytics & Strategy, the Sales Data Quality Assurance Analyst will be the Data Steward and own data quality for the Sales Team. This analyst will be responsible for running continuous Quality Assurance and Data Monitoring Reports in order to uncover and fix discrepancies within our data that are required to run our business. The Quality Assurance Analyst will also be responsible for building relationships with the sales team, as well as communicating and rectifying incorrect data with our stakeholders, holding office hours and monitoring a ticketing system for salesforce support, and training users on the importance of clean quality data and data needs of the business. The analyst will also work closely with the Sales Operations and Support team to understand changes to the data and CRM environment, develop new reporting, monitoring, and individual and team communication for areas that need attention.
The ideal candidate has the ability to leverage their problem solving, critical thinking, attention to detail and relationship building skills in a mission-driven social enterprise. In order to be successful in this role, you are self-motivated and capable of working on simultaneous processes at the same time, and highly attentive to details and organized. The ideal candidate also has a strong desire to learn and sees themselves working with data and reporting during their career path, and this role represents an opportunity to move into more advanced Analytical roles. With this in mind, the ideal candidate also has a thirst for knowledge and wants to learn SQL and Tableau. Strong communication and cross-functional relationship building, as well as a desire to help others engage and learn is also essential.
In keeping with Year Up's values, the Sales Data Quality Assurance Analyst will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment. We are open to candidates living in any of the states in which Year Up operates https://www.yearup.org/locationsKEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Salesforce CRM
Learning and Development
- Build reports in salesforce for monitoring data quality discrepancies and pro-actively engage CRM users and cross functional teams to remedy
- Timeline and document critical data updates and data quality checks needed for specific points in time or at specific milestones throughout the year
- Build and establish relationships with stakeholders in order to drive messaging, change management, and data accountability
- Build and maintain documentation of salesforce asks and tickets, as well as results of data audits in order to highlight volume, type, and individual users that need additional support or training
- Work with the Director of Business Analytics & Strategy to build, maintain and update salesforce data quality dashboards, and possible creation, maintenance and updating of other salesforce dashboards as needed
- Work closely with the Sales & Research Analyst to learn, support, and transition reporting for the sales team to themselves over time
- Work closely with the Sales & Research Analyst to document CRM architecture, required fields, and reporting metrics
- Own all salesforce campaign infrastructure and support for the Corporate Engagement team
- Escalate in a timely and actionable manner data quality issues that are not being resolved to appropriate parties who can assist with management and resolution
- Work with cross functional teams to communicate and advise on salesforce data best practices, and help them establish data governance structure of their own
- Own and manage a support inbox for sales team related tickets, and help triage tickets to their responsible owners, escalating as necessary
Site/Learning Community Member
- Consult with the internal Sales Operations team members for data best practice recommendations, training documentation and processes, quality assurance monitoring and reporting
- Hold scheduled office hours and training sessions for salesforce data and data processes, and coordinate individual communication and support sessions as needed
- Work closely with the Sales & Research Analyst as well as the Director of Business Analytics to shadow and learn advanced reporting skills as well as data architecture and warehousing
- Possess an interest in market research and communicating data insights effectively to drive strategy and recommendations
- A strong desire to both teach and learn, and continuously develop oneself with hard technical skills with a desired career path into data analytics
- Strive to continuously learn about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging initiatives, and incorporate into your work stream
- Serve as an advisor or mentor for a small number of current students
- Participate in and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 2-3 years of experience in an Analytics or Data Management role
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and countifs/sumifs formulas) and PowerPoint skills required with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to stay extremely well organized and pivot between multiple asks and priorities
- Demonstrated experience using data to highlight key trends and provide data driven recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and desire to problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with training and teaching a plus
- Prior sales support experience is a plus
- Desire to work in a fluid dynamic organization
- Willing to travel for training (~10% of time or less)
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and skills.
- Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
- Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
- Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
** This is an exempt role (paid on a salaried basis). **ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION:
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 workforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults-no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country-a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults, and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up's intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has directly served more than 35,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up's nationwide presence includes Arizona, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding and impactful place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.TO APPLY:
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.COVID-19 UPDATE:To ensure the safety of our young adults, staff, and families as we return to in-person work, Year Up requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2, 2022, unless someone qualifies for an exception. The vaccination deadline for our Seattle staff is November 1, 2021. Subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from being vaccinated. Face masks and physical distancing are also required in Year Up spaces.