Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Payroll Accountant II - Financial AccountingWhat You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Process and reconcile employee repayments.
- Process payroll tax and W2-C corrections.
- Process employee payroll information and enter adjustments into the ADP payroll system.
- Complete termination sheets and submit on demand check requests into the ADP payroll system.
- Analyze and reconcile employee payroll earnings and labor distribution per the G/L.
- Answer payroll, labor charging and timekeeping questions.
- Create, enter, and post journal entries.
- Calculate and process various payroll related fringe accruals.
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations.
- Calculate and process payroll adjustments for employees on military leave.
- Support internal and external audit requests.
- Present labor training to new hires.
- Assist with system upgrade and conversion testing as needed.
- Ensure business is conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Cross train with departmental payroll tasks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Hybrid Work Environment:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Payroll processing experience required. ADP is a plus.
- Payroll tax experience preferred.
- Payroll repayment experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Superior organization and recordkeeping skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep sensitive employee information confidential.
This position may be performed working from both the office and another location, while typically requiring working in the office less than 3 days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions:
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.Compensation & Benefits:
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-SM1Nearest Major Market:
Boulder Nearest Secondary Market: