Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Senior Project Controls Analyst - Finance
Perform the Project Controls function during the program lifecycle to include Program Planning, Baseline/Schedule Development, Baseline/Schedule Implementation and Closeout.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Adhere to company policies/procedures related to Project Controls.
- Perform the following principles, concepts, practices, and standards in accordance with the policies and procedures related to Project Controls:
- Baseline Maintenance:
- Work Authorization (WA) review.
- Contract Reconciliation.
- Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables and requirements analysis related to cost and schedule.
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) development and maintenance.
- Organizational Breakdown Structures (OBS) guidance.
- Budget and funding profile development.
- Direct Labor and indirect rate application and analysis.
- Cost/Schedule management and analysis.
- Resource planning and communication.
- Subcontract/material cost and schedule analysis.
- Risk assessment and analysis.
- Performance Management:
- Earned Value System Description application.
- Earned Value Management Systems architecture development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Integrated Master Plan/Integrated Master Schedule development and analysis.
- Earned Value cost/schedule, integration, and implementation.
- Cost Performance Reports (IPMRs) 1-7 preparation and analysis.
- Earned Value variance, trend and what-if analysis.
- Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) preparation and execution.
- Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSRs) coordination, preparation, and guidance.
- Contract change monitoring and implementation.
- Risk assessment and analysis.
- Lessons learned documentation, assessment, and implementation.
- Estimate At Completion (EAC) Development:
- EAC development and analysis.
- Sales forecast development and analysis across program portfolio.
- Risk assessment and analysis.
- Fee accrual profitability analysis and recommendation.
- Rate analysis.
- WBS closure and reconciliation.
- Closeout document preparation and reporting.
- Ensure that programs are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with BATC best practices.
- Ensure responsibility for the business aspects of the programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 or more years of related experience.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment:
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions:
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Direct Program Charge: 90%Compensation & Benefits:
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-SM1Nearest Major Market:
Boulder Nearest Secondary Market: