Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we're developing packaging that's infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.Job DescriptionWe have an opening for a Plant Human Resource Manager for our Conroe Plant, Conroe, TX location. If you possess an interest and have experience as a Plant Human Resource Manager and have sat onsite at a plant/production environment, we want to hear from you. What will you be responsible for:
What are we looking for:
- Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs.
- Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, and motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
- Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection and placement of candidates for plant positions.
- Identifies, develops and implements human resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and develops programs in all areas of employee relations in order to maintain a climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference, if applicable.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and work early hours as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience. HS Diploma/Equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2 years' job related experience
- Working knowledge of the following areas: employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, H.R. legal practices, Labor Relations (if applicable) and generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- SPHR, PHR, SMRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Hiring Salary Range: $87,800 - 133,975 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade:12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/ .
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and VeteransNearest Major Market: