Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify specific training needs/plans per function, and early in career talent
- Identify participants for training and schedule
- Training Development - Corporate Wide Initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate training for production employees
- Coordinate internship program for all of Nordson MEDICAL (year round program)
- Target schools, collaborate with COE team to register and identify those by site to attend
- Coordinate and create events for interns with leaders
- Coordinate report out of projects interns are working on, rotations, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule intern presentations (event) to leaders
Production Workforce Planning/Reporting
- Quarterly Review Reporting (Terms, New Hires, etc.)
- Guidance, administrative support for site Progression Matrix programs
- Recruitment strategies for production employees - develop relationships with high school tech programs, technical colleges, etc.
- Open positions reporting, collaborating with Recruiter to fill positions
Coordinates and tracks job descriptions for business group, including assisting managers in creation and ensuring each job title has appropriate description developed.
Respond and create on demand report needs from managers and supervisors, compensation reports, org charts, etc.
Perform other duties as assignedEducation and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 3-5 years of progressive professional level human resources experience, preferred
- HR Generalist work experiences within a manufacturing environment , preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to demonstrate high energy and persistence in a fast pace work environment
- Current knowledge on applicable employment and labor regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - detail oriented
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with HRIS functions particularly Workday
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary, stand, sit and/or bend frequently or for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange verbal and written information.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.Travel Required
Base Salary Range for this position is $56,000 - $72,500 annual base salary and target bonus rate is 3%; shift premium may be available depending on shift associated with the specific job opportunity. Benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time off and paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including our Matching Gifts Program.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.