Job DetailsJob Location
Temple Main - Temple, TXPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
4 Year DegreeSalary Range
$70,615.00 - $81,004.00 Travel Percentage
Up to 25%Job Shift
Director 1 - 1067GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director. Performs advanced (senior-level) managerial work providing direction and guidance in strategic operations and planning. Work involves establishing the strategic plan and goals and objectives; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities; and reviewing and approving budgets. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, conducts and oversees the quality assurance components of the program service delivery systems ensuring quality outcomes are achieved by planning and implementing strategies that utilize data collection and analysis, fidelity testing, system audits, consumer feedback surveys, compliance testing, record reviews and other systematic activities as appropriate. Process and service delivery improvement will be measured by increased compliance, increased staff competency, proactive responses to meet changing system requirements/measures and minimized risk to the Center and consumers.
- Directs the operations, staffing patterns and budget preparations of the Quality Management department, to include utilization management, client rights, risk management and medical records. Ensures that all systems meet or exceed the requirements stated in current Center contracts with HHSC as well as all applicable rules, laws and codes. Performs biannual review of said contracts and rules to identify and implement any required changes.
- Maintains the integrity and relevance of the Centers medical records, QM, Clients Rights and Complaint policies and procedures and ensures the most current versions are available and accessible to staff. Completes a biannual review of said policies and procedures incorporating changes made by way of compliance or center business practices.
- Provides information, guidance, expertise and counsel to Center staff in the areas of client rights, risk management, utilization management and HIPPA privacy.
- Reviews or conducts investigations based on consumer and/or staff complaints, incident reports, safety inspections or other means of identifying instances or trends of non-compliance or risk. Collaborate with Center staff to develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans to minimize the risk to the Center and consumers.
- Ensure the Centers Quality Improvement System (QIS) is staffed appropriately and meets regularly and according to current TAC requirements. Serves as the liaison between the QIS and the Executive Leadership Team. Keeps the scope and responsibility of each QIS committee current and relevant.
- Facilitate the quarterly meeting of the Planning and Network Advisory Committee (PNAC), recruiting an active and relevant membership for said committee and utilizing said committee to identify community needs, resources and actions yielding in improved access to services for individuals with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
- Collaborates with the HR Director to ensure that the Centers New Employee Orientation and Annual compliance training requirements meet current contract and rule requirements, are relevant to staff responsibilities, utilize current technology and different learning modalities. Keeps current on offerings from Relias and recommends trainings to enhance/improve staff performance and client services. Monitors compliance with staff training requirements providing information to supervisors and directors on relevant staff compliance or non-compliance and and assists with development and implementation of accountability practices that minimize risk to the Center and consumers.
- Conducts and/or collaborate all Quality Assurance/Quality Management audits to include preparation, on site participation, assessment of findings, corrective action plans and monitoring of corrective action plans. Participates as required or requested in any audits or reviews of Center services, processes, policies by external or internal sources. Reports notice, findings and outcomes of such audits and reviews to Program Directors and the Executive Director.
- Ensures timely response to all reports of client abuse, neglect, exploitation and complaints by staff and consumers. Responses to include all appropriate reporting requirements, notification of appropriate Center staff and documentation of a determination for all said complaints.
- Presents written and/or verbal reports as required or requested to the Board of Trustees for the purposes of approval or informing.
- Represent the Center at hearings, seminars, job fairs, conferences and by participating on boards, panels and committees as approved or assigned by the Executive Director.
- Conducts monthly meetings with supervised staff.
- Serves as an active, contributing member of the Executive Leadership team and attends 90% of all scheduled meetings.
- Is an active member of the Texas Council QM/UM Consortia, attending 75% of the annual meetings and reporting relevant information to the ELT.
- Has knowledge of and practices the principles of Trauma Informed Care in all aspects of job responsibilities and personal interactions.
The following skills and abilities are necessary for successful execution of the role and responsibilities of the QM Director.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Persistence and the ability to influence others.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- A strategic approach to work.
- The ability to facilitate change.
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Ability to recognize organizational patterns of concern from internal and external audits/reviews and initiate quality improvement initiatives to address the concerns..
2) Must possess self-initiative to actively problem solve issues.
- Skill in instructing others, to include knowledge of adult learning styles; education principles; curriculum development and in facilitating groups, workshops, training events.
- Ability to develop, implement, assess and complete projects and programs in the QM division.
5) Ability to see, hear and communicate effectively (both in verbal and written fashion) with Center Board of Trustees, staff, clients, the public and other stakeholders within job requirements.
- Additional Requirements
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Regular attendance and reliability is critical to business operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
I have read and understand this position description and the duties identified herein. I understand that duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I understand that the duties identified above are not all inclusive. I understand where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Central Counties Services is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.