Job DetailsJob Location
Temple Main - Temple, TXPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
2 Year DegreeSalary Range
$14.74 - $15.90 HourlyTravel Percentage
Accounting Technician 2 - #1567GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Performs highly complex (senior-level) technical accounting support work. Work involves performing detailed assignments in recording, classifying, examining, and verifying financial records, documents, or reports. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:Business Office:
- Maintains appropriate records of assigned vendors and ensures vendors are paid in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures payments are processed accurately by verifying vendor information, comparing invoices to approved purchase orders or requests for payments, verifying amounts and accounts are correct, and verifying appropriate approvals and all required supporting documentation exists for payment.
- Effectively manage the accounts payable functions to ensure processing and payment within required timeframes and within financial resources.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are correctly allocated and maintained to ensure that all committal amounts are accurate.
- Prepares payment, cash, general journal, and related vouchers.
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the agency.
- Requisitions and orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment in accordance with guidelines, rules, polices, and laws.
- Prepares/enters journal entries and generates cash disbursement reports for approval to the Chief Accountant.
- Maintains purchasing and procurement reports, records, and files.
- Audits invoices and checks for accuracy, receipt of material, and compliance with purchase orders.
- Assist Chief Accountant with an annual inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain tracking invoices to ensure payments are made.
- Perform records management duties, including sorting, filing, indexing, purging, scanning, research, and retrieval of documents in paper and digital form.
- Verify invoice quantities, assign proper account coding, adherence to purchasing policies and processes, and enter data into operations software.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited two or four-year College or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is generally preferred.
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping principles and education may be substituted for one another.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to review work for accuracy, to accurately perform detailed numerical work, to make arithmetical computations, to prepare financial and accounting records, and to communicate effectively.
- Central Counties Services incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work scheduled hours as regular attendance and reliability is critical to business operations.
- May require travel.
- Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement, Policies, and Procedures Manual contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
- Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
- Work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
This job operates in an office setting with moderate noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role. This position would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to fingertips, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
Central Counties Services is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have read and understand this position description and the duties identified herein. I understand that duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I understand that the duties identified above are not all inclusive. I understand where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).