Job DetailsJob Location
Temple Main - Temple, TXPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
High School or EquivalentSalary Range
$19.58 - $21.30 HourlyTravel Percentage
Human Resources Specialist 3 - #1551GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Performs complex (journey-level) human resources management work. Work involves administering a human resources management program (recruitment and selection, compensation, classification, employee relations, leave and benefits, workers compensation, or organizational development). Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing HR data (includes surveys and questionnaires); Prepares reports of findings, makes recommendations as appropriate.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS- PAYCOM)
- Maintains accurate and up to date HRIS employee and position related information.
- Prepares and processes status change forms as required.
- Processes and verifies documents in HRIS system for required personnel changes.
- Maintains systems, files, and records.
- Assists with completion of required criminal history checks, drivers license checks and clinical license maintenance for recommended new hires, foster care providers, volunteers, etc. (MVR, OIG, TX OIG, DADS and Debarred Vendors)
- Periodically audits areas of assigned responsibility to include the HRIS database to ensure accuracy.
- Files assigned compliance reports with the state and federal government as directed.
- Completes Form I-9 through E-verify via HRIS. Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Provides assistance on HR related matters such as classification, compensation, recruitment, leave provisions, employee relations, and salary administration matters.
- Maintains and updates, as needed, all position descriptions. This includes ensuring HRIS has the most up to date position information in all applicable modules.
- Posts all vacant positions on HRIS and external job boards.
- Prepares outlines, guides, and presentations for orientation and other HR related training programs.
- Coordinates bi-weekly new employee orientation.
- Assists with Recommendations to Hire process, which includes calculating Group/Step, salary, and verifying prior experience for appropriate placement in salary structure.
- Manages the Talent Acquisition process and all components in HRIS.
- Coordinates the intern process for new and existing Center interns.
- Coordinates recruiting and advertising and attends career fairs as assigned.
- Coordinates completion of contractor hiring process.
- Regular attendance, dependability, and promptness are required for the 8-5 workday or agreed upon hours to ensure consistency and completeness of programs processes.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages the Human Resource Departments incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Maintains compliance with all required training.
- Experience and Education
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is required.
- Experience in administrative or technical assistance work is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred and two years of Human Resources experience required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Central Counties Services incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management; of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers compensation, or organizational development; and of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- Skill in oral and written communication, in the use of a computer and human resources-related software applications, and in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to develop and analyze human resource processes; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public; and to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and data.
- Ability to utilize technology to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Thoroughness/Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to think critically and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Exhibit ethical conduct
- Relationship Skills
- Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures Manual contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
- Additional Requirements
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work scheduled hours as regular attendance and reliability is critical to business operations.
- May require travel on rare occasions.
This job operates in an office setting with moderate noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
Central Counties Services is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have read and understand this position description and the duties identified herein. I understand that duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I understand that the duties identified above are not all inclusive. I understand where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).