Job DetailsJob Location
Temple Main - Temple, TXPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
4 Year DegreeSalary Range
$27.11 - $29.55 HourlyTravel Percentage
Accountant 6GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Performs advanced (senior-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of financial analyses and reports, establishing, maintaining, and/or overseeing accounting systems, procedures, and controls. Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the CFO to plan, organize, and/or coordinate programs for the financial operations of the Center.
- Prepares monthly operating statements, financial statements, analyses, and reports.
- Completes State required cost accounting reports per established guidelines including the CAM, MAC, MEI, and ECI cost reports.
- Maintains overall quality control of the accounting system and ensures the integrity of system processing.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements or revisions to the accounting system and procedures.
- Maintains financial systems and controls necessary to provide accurate accounts of expenditures for agency programs.
- Performs required Business Office Treasury functions. (I.e. reconciliations, document management, cash flow management, financial forecasting, etc...)
- Audits accounting, accounts payable, and financial documents for accuracy and compliance with departmental policies and procedures as well as state and federal requirements.
- Audits general journal entries.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Coordinates efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Review control procedures to determine compliance with agency policies, plans, and procedures.
- Complies financial data and information for the annual financial report and other required audits.
- May serve as a consultant in the financial aspects of program planning.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards, trustworthiness, and personal integrity. Regular attendance, dependability, and promptness are required for the 8-5 workday or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of programs processes.
- Professional Development - Successfully complete training required to maintain skill competency and cross training to ensure consistency across program procedures. Complete continuing education as required by professional standards and the Center.
- Prepares and reviews general ledger accounting entries and reconciliation of financial transactions.
- Coordinates data compilation for annual financial reports.
- May supervise the work of others.
- Experience in accounting and financial operations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- Central Counties Services incorporates principles of trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed practices within the scope of work for the position.
- Knowledge of finance administration, fiscal accounting, governmental accounting, and laws and regulations pertaining to fiscal operations.
- Ability to proficiently utilize computer programs, e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relationship Skills
- Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement, Policies, and Procedures Manual contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Additional Requirements
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Regular attendance and reliability is critical to business operations.
This job operates in an office setting with moderate noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.