Job Description SummarySummary:
Assist the store manager in implementing sound accounting decisions that are consistent with Town Pump standards, policies, and procedures. Assist in planning, leadership, organizing, and follow-ups in the areas of office procedures, vendor invoicing, computer data entries, and shortage controls. Also responsible for setting the proper example for co-workers in terms of professionalism, attitude, and teamwork in the areas of customer service and store operations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer service to include handling and screening of telephone calls.
- Effectively prioritize, organize, and follow-up on office tasks to be accomplished.
- Security of all store assets. Control of store cash fund, fuel and inventories, auditing of shift reports.
- Complete transactions for accounts receivables, i.e. counting money, completing deposit slips, banking, closeout, etc.
- Accurate and effective completion of all store paper work, including store daily reports, store daily purchases, mark-ups/mark-downs, inventory adjustments.
- Receive merchandise using proper vendor and inventory controls.
- Order office supplies to maintain an effective stock level.
- Process store invoices to include auditing cost and retail price.
- Make computer entries and record sales and purchases in the store's running book. Balance store records to office reports
- Post shift statistics to shift analysis.
- Verify time cards for payroll.
- Enter purchases into computer.
- Positive interaction with public, delivering exceptional customer service.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Police the store.
- Clear gas consoles, turns on pumps.
- Clean restrooms.
- Total bill and make transactions with customers.
- Empty island garbage, fill water/cleaning solution buckets on islands.
- Stock coolers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
To be outstanding at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a successful manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional experience should be in the area of accounting and bookkeeping. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.COMPUTER SKILLS:
Experience in MS Word, Excel, and corporate specific software (PDI) a plus.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to wear proper uniform and maintain personal hygiene to meet all health standards.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and convenience store operations.
- Ability to provide planning, leadership, organization, and insure follow-ups in all areas of store control.
- Ability to be a team player while on shift.
- Ability to maintain books in accordance with Town Pump, Inc. standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, fellow team members and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work in an open environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction.
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, (for example, in the event of emergencies, or changes in personnel, work load, or technical development).