caled Agile, Inc. (SAI) is the provider of SAFe®, the world's leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of more than one million trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes. A growing interest in business agility over the last year has accelerated adoption. As we grow, we are adding team members looking to thrive with us.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
This position shall be based at our corporate headquarters in Boulder, CO; however, per current conditions, due to COVID-19, all employees are home-based, and there is no requirement to work from the SAI offices. Our SAI offices remain a resource for employees to use on a voluntary basis, providing a great work environment for in-person collaboration and "building community."Job DescriptionScrum Master
We are seeking a motivated, creative, and knowledgeable scrum master who is determined to make a difference, takes pride in their work, and is motivated by the team's success. In this role you will have the flexibility and support to coach and guide your team to deliver exemplary solutions for scaling agile.
The Scrum Master for the agile delivery team is responsible for facilitating team-level agile processes and agile release train execution around program increment objectives' definition, scope, and delivery. The SM must resolve team-level impediments, manage risk, and drive continuous improvement throughout the agile teams and lifecycle. The SM has a good understanding of agile scrum and kanban principles and practices, and understands the unique opportunities and challenges associated with organizing, facilitating, and continuously aligning the scrum team with the guiding business strategy as a part of an agile release train.What you will be doing:
QualificationsSkills and experience that are important for this role:
- Work with product management, product owners, and business owners to help assure execution alignment for agile teams.
- Facilitate agile team execution and feature completion tracking for up to two agile teams.
- Arrange and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, iteration planning, backlog grooming, and demo/retro. Ensure quick inspection and proper use of agile processes.
- Work with other agile release train teams enterprise-wide to remove impediments and manage dependencies.
- Create, modify, publish and leverage standardized agile metrics to facilitate continuous improvement on the agile team.
- Reinforce key principles of a continuous learning culture and team and technical agility leveraging best practices and fine-tuned facilitation techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional InformationWhere you'll be working:
- 4-7 years of experience working as a scrum master, preferably on an agile release train working under the Scaled Agile Framework
- Extensive experience managing multiple agile teams
- Excellent collaborator and servant leader
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience in essential duties and responsibilities
- Advance computer skills and proficiency in administrative tools such as MS Office, Google Workspace, etc.
- Advanced understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Certifications in the Scaled Agile Framework preferred
Although preference will be given to candidates in Metro Denver / Boulder, we are open to candidates working remotely from other U.S. locations. We are currently all working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.Compensation:
Scaled Agile is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $100,000- $130,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Employees of Scaled Agile are also compensated with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, optional insurance products including pet insurance, 401K with a match, flexible paid time off, company-paid sabbatical after six years of service, bonus plan, and equity options.
Wondering if you should apply?
As a company that helps organizations embrace and turn change into opportunity, we're looking for teammates with diverse experiences who thrive on applying their knowledge in new ways. You don't need to meet every listed qualification to apply. If you're motivated by an iterative approach to growth, learning, collaboration, and relentless improvement, we want to hear from you.
Work Differently. Build the Future.