US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is looking for a Project Management professional to join our Advanced Weapons Program Support team located in Northridge, CA. This is an individual contributor role, and is not a management position.
This position requires the selected candidate to work on-site. No remote/hybrid work is available for this position.
This team is responsible for supporting Program Management with oversight and integration of program operations, execution and managing the program performance baseline. This includes integration with cross functional disciplines to support master planning, configuration and data management, business management, risk and opportunity management, process improvement, and more. This position interfaces with all levels of management across the company.
* Oversee and manage the execution of projects and serve as liaison between program management, program controls, program teams, and functional management
* Coordinate schedules, requirements, and performance visibility with the programs office and customers in support of program goals
* Review and report status of projects and budgets, manage schedules, track and report on actions, and prepare status reports
* Assess project issues, support data driven decision making, and provide solutions to complex problems that are consistent with the organization's objectives for productivity, quality, and program satisfaction
* Monitor cross functional dependencies, identify bottlenecks, and visualize progress for overall program control and reporting
* Coordinate and collaborate across all functions to help develop, implement, and manage program processes and tools
* Identify opportunities for process improvement changes and champion needed changes in the organization
* Develop and deliver high-level briefings to support Program Managers with program reporting
* Ability to engage in many ad hoc activities required, to ensure streamlined cadence for program operations and execution
* Support the risk and opportunity management process throughout the program's life cycle
* Support and generate proposal documentation as needed
* Provide meeting facilitation, coordination, documentation, and attendance
* Effectively communicate and interface with team members and program leadership
Successful candidates will have the following key attributes:
* Motivated - willing to take the next step in issue identification and resolution and comfortable with change and unstructured program demands
* Organized - ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with demanding deadlines
* Proactive - anticipates requirements from management, and initiates and completes actions required to meet those requirements
* Perceptive - sees the "big picture" but is also able to focus on the details and follows all of them through to completion
* Composed - maintains a "level head" in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment, especially when working closely with management on projects with highly compressed timelines and tight deadlines
* Independent - willing to work independently under Program Management guidance to meet complex demands and produce optimum deliverables for the realization of an organization's benefit and goals
* Must have a Bachelor's degree
* Must have 3+ years of experience in project management, administration, finance, or other related field.
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US citizenship is required.
* Active DoD Secret clearance (or higher)
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
* Knowledge and experience with SharePoint
* Project Management experience
Salary Range: $68,100.00 - $102,100.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to basepay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives.In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)for vacation and/orpersonal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.