The Ohio Lottery Commission is an exciting organization offering career opportunities across many different business functions. For more than 40 years, the Ohio Lottery has been building an amazing organization committed to growth and giving back - and having fun while doing it. Our mission is: Supporting education by offering entertaining gaming experiences. Our vision is: Investing in Ohio's students and communities through gaming innovation.
We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us achieve our mission. We embrace challenge, foster an inclusive culture, and value integrity, innovation and winning.
Click here to visit our website and learn more about our agency and the products we offer. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and WordPress!
If you are ready to play...Come join us! What You'll Do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Lorain Region is responsible for servicing retailer locations in the following counties: Erie, Lorain, Huron, Medina, Richland, Ashland. The individual hired will cover a sales territory located within one or more of these counties. What's in it for you:
- Develop relationships with lottery retailers within an assigned district. These relationships are designed to help nurture sales growth at each retail location
- Maintain an assigned sales route and visit/service retailers at required intervals
- Monitor and adjust instant ticket price points/product mix to meet market demand
- Discuss sales, new product promotions, displays of promotional material and removal of stale or outdated product(s) with retailers
- Continuously update retailers on gaming regulations, lottery policies, procedures, and processes
- Work with retailers to maintain clean and clutter-free selling areas within their locations
- Prospect and recruit new locations to sell traditional lottery games and new on-premises locations for the Keno and Monitor Games line of products
- Communicate with players about new games for sale and how to play new games
- Play an active role as a team member to accomplish sales goals
- Learn to perform basic troubleshooting on Ohio Lottery sales equipment and terminals
- Learn and remain up to date on Ohio Lottery products and services
- Assist retailers with Lottery bookkeeping issues
- Assist retailers with statewide and in-store Lottery promotions
- Build and maintain retailers' Scratch Off displays
- Inform retailers of bond and license renewals in a timely manner
- Constantly update retailers on their status within the Retailer Incentive Program to help them achieve the incentive bonuses
- Use Ohio Lottery software and mobile device to review and maintain retailer and sales information
- Keep assigned vehicle clean, organized and properly filled with Point-of-Sale materials and retailer supplies
- Perform other duties and work on special projects
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website ! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the Ohio Med PPO plan.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision and basic life insurance premiums are free after one year of continuous service.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
- Participation in the Alternative Work Schedule after successful completion of first 180 days of employment with approval of supervisor
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee's salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
- The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.Qualifications
6 courses or 18 months experience in marketing (e.g., sales management; sales promotion; advertising; consumer behavior & research; retail management); 12 months training or 12 months experience in public relations; 2 courses or 6 months experience in bookkeeping; valid driver's license; demonstrate strength to push, pull or otherwise move up to 35 lbs.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.