Who we are... The mission of the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) is to provide statewide leadership of a high-quality mental health and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery system that is effective and valued by all Ohioans. OhioMHAS Values:
- Contribute and Collaborate
- Serve Compassionately
- Deliver Quality
- Be Accountable
At OhioMHAS we strive to attract and sustain a diverse workforce by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining high-performing employees who work collaboratively to balance efforts toward providing prevention and recovery supports and fostering inclusion that inspires innovation, encourages respect and promotes unlimited success.
The Human Resources team is comprised of professionals in the areas of Human Capital Management, Labor Relations, EEO/Diversity and Inclusion, Safety and Risk Management, Payroll, and Training and Development. We support and provide consultation and guidance to almost 3,000 employees in our Central Office location, Ohio Pharmacy Services, Correctional Recovery Services, and our six regional psychiatric hospitals located across Ohio.
We are accepting applications for a Human Capital Management Analyst, position number 20036016
within the Office of Human Resources, headquartered at the James Rhodes State Office Tower, 30 East Broad Street, 11 th floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215. What you will do...
Duties include but are not limited to:
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a professional, experienced, and competent HR team!
- enroll & advise employees regarding employee benefits; (e.g., health, dental, vision & life insurance, Deferred Compensation program, Flexible Spending [health care & dependent care spending accounts], Public Employees Retirement System
- schedule & participate in health fairs,
- communicate open enrollment, complete benefit surveys
- enter & review benefits information in OAKS to assure accuracy & timeliness & research & resolve benefits issues
- monitor absent management reports for leave resulting in need for health insurance direct payment
- track, process & monitor unemployment claims, (e.g., respond to requests for employer information, file appeals when necessary & gather information for appeal hearings)
- Give presentations at new employee orientation for central office new hires; explain benefit programs;
- Coordinate exit interviews with staff that have resigned or are retiring, (e.g., review benefits available upon separation & checklist, submit appropriate electronic personnel action to OAKS, request retirement certificates as necessary, submit necessary separation information to other offices, etc.).
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website ! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the Ohio Med PPO plan.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision and basic life insurance premiums are free after one year of continuous service.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee's salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
- The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.Qualifications
Completion of undergraduate core program in human resources, business or public administration.
-Or 2 yrs. exp. in human resources.
-Or 1 yr. exp. as Human Capital Management Associate, 64611.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.