Our mission at the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is "advancing the health and well-being of all Ohioans". Our agency is committed to building a modern, vibrant public health system that creates the conditions where all Ohioans flourish.
The Office of Financial Affairs assists in the establishment of Ohio Department Health's (ODH) long and short-range fiscal goals and objectives. The office provides the agency with the overall fiscal administration support through its various unit operations including accounting, purchasing, budgeting and grants administration. The office oversees the department's Compliance and Accountability Unit and biennial budget process; provides technical assistance to agency decision-makers and provides daily monitoring and analysis of agency spending trends.
The Ohio Department of Health supports a hybrid teleworking model. This position may work a hybrid schedule at the discretion of the manager or supervisor, which will require occasional attendance in the office for training, meetings and other operational needs. Employees must reside within a reasonable distance to their assigned headquarters for compliance with workplace reporting requirements. What You'll Do:
What's in it for you:
- In this position you will assist the supervisor and or other financial units in a variety of work assignments and special projects related to financial activities.
- You will work with other staff to prepare materials needed for expenditure, cash, and federal reporting as well as prepare and develope reports using Microsoft Office software.
- You will analyze daily and monthly financial transitions.
- Work in various financial data systems to review Chartfield coding and assist in scanning and distributions of financial documents.
- Set up and store reports within an electronic file(s).
- PAID Internship
- Flexible hours based around your school schedule
- Work experience applicable to field of study program
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.Qualifications
- Must major in the following field of study: Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Applicant MUST be enrolled in a college or university program and in academic good standing
- Provide an official transcript upon request
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to be productive working remotely, either independently or with a group
- Previous public health background (school/work)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Teams