Lease Management Specialist
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
What You'll Get to Do:
The General Services Administration (GSA) is an independent agency of the United States government established in 1949 to help manage and support the basic functioning of federal agencies. GSA supplies products and communications for U.S. government offices, provides transportation and office space to federal employees, and develops government-wide cost-minimizing policies and other management tasks.
CACI is seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to help support the General Services Administration's (GSA) mission of administrative and technical support services to their Region 8 as a Lease Management Specialist.
More About the Role:
You will be a representative and onsite project manager, responsible for managing a leased building inventory and administering GSA lease contracts for assigned buildings. In this capacity, the individual plays a vital role in overseeing the administration of facilities which can typically include large multi-story structures, multi-purpose and special space and individual office or specialized space located within privately held facilities. Primary responsibilities include managing assigned facilities, overseeing renovations within leased properties and developing, improving and maintaining client relationships. Serves as the Leased Contracting Officer's (LCO) designated representative.Major Duties
--As a Lease Management Specialist, you will serve as the primary customer agency advocate and first GSA point of contact with client agency personnel in designated buildings within the GSA inventory.
--You will also serve as a project manager for projects under the simplified acquisition threshold in leased and limited federal space, oversees the management of repair and alteration projects, retrofits, and interoffice and relocation moves. Using business acumen and established GSA project management protocols, ensure space modifications address key planning, communication, execution, delivery and closeout practices for the delivery of projects on time, on scope and within budget;
--You will work closely with other GSA personnel, customer agencies and contractors in the planning and design of designated projects and the renovation, alteration, relocation, operation, maintenance and repair of assigned leased buildings or federal space. Assists tenant agencies in identifying options and solutions as needed;
--You will coordinate actions with other assigned PBS personnel to obtain technical support from other GSA organizations regarding estimates, safety, mechanical design, security, and telecommunications and moving. In this capacity, recurring duties performed include all, or substantially all of the following responsibilities:
- Participate in studies to determine the needs of Federal agencies for space, facilities, and services. Collaborates with the assigned supervisor, other PBS employees and officials of tenant agencies in assigning and promoting efficient configuration of space other changes necessary to provide effective service and utilization by tenant agencies;
- Maintain familiarity with the projects as a whole, the status of specific project implementation phases, etc. Brief supervisor and affected Property Managers on particular aspects of the project;
- Manage required construction and alteration activities and specific, high-profile projects such as those required to allow expansion or revision of customer space;
- Ensure that effective liaison is maintained with assigned client agency personnel in the alteration of their facilities. Work with subordinate staff and designated Property Managers to ensure a minimum of disruption to agencies' missions during the performance of assigned projects; and
Lease/Contract Management and Performance Improvement:
--You will serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative, work in coordination with the LCO to perform pre-occupancy and transition tasks including reviewing space requests; participating in market surveys and design kickoff/acceptance meetings; preparing lessor transition and customer welcome packages; providing past performance information to the LCO for succeeding leases; and performing space condition inspections and key collection for vacated space. For non-fully serviced leases, coordinate the procurement of contract services such as custodial, operations and maintenance (O&M) and utilities with GSA and contractor personnel;
--You will independently investigate complaints received from tenant agencies, property managers or others;
--Explain, promote, and implement GSA property management policies, procedures and methods involving services provided to tenants by GSA and/or lessors, to include: equipment maintenance, repair and/or replacement, reimbursable services, building repairs and alterations, new or revised space requirements, energy utilization, building sustainability, safety and environmental issues, concessions and other amenities, security, child care facilities and services, overtime utilities and other GSA programs/operations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Five (5) or more years' experience in leasing;
- Ability to apply new theories and standards to solve problems not customary in everyday leasing and construction; and
- Ability to effectively articulate verbally and in writing GSA's leasing guidelines and requirements to client agencies and to diplomatically deal with high-level client agency personal. Must be PC proficient.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ten or more years' experience in leasing.
**This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly by a recruiter.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Pay Range: The proposed salary range for this position is $84,800-$182,300. There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. Employment benefits include health and wellness programs, income protection, paid leave and retirement and savings.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.