Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Security Clearance:No Clearance
Level of Experience:Mid
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $((FILTER10)).00
Join a difference making team that is part of Huntington Ingalls Industries Mission Technologies Division
Our team is looking for qualified Management Analyst with FEDSIM and related experience including proposal professionals with experience in some or all aspects of FEDSIM staffing plans, staffing rationale, BOEs, KPQMs, script writing, technical/management volumes, and slide development. If you have this experience, we are interested in working with you to lead HII through the next phase of our growth.
This position is within the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) organization which supports HII's largest, most strategic bids across the enterprise. As such, this is an exciting role for those that want to make an immediate impact and be recognized for their contributions to our organization. This role is to support competitive proposal bids working directly with Capture Managers, Technical Solution Architects, Proposal Managers, and Volume Leads to develop work products to create technical and management solutions. Candidate will be responsible for leading and providing proposal expertise to all business Groups. The FEDSIM Management Architect should have a proven successful track record on large, complex bidsEssential Job Responsibilities
- Assignments will include, but are not limited to writing and leading FEDSIM staffing plans, staffing rationale, Key Personnel Qualification Matrices (KPQMs), BOE development, scripts, technical/management volumes, and slide development
- Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- 6 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 4 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Experience with FEDSIM proposals
- Experience with traditional video, live orals, and / or demonstration proposals
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Demonstrated success writing and leading technical, management, staffing, resume, and/or past performance volumes for complex efforts
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts, primarily in the Washington DC metro, as needed.
- 2+ years' experience supporting FEDSIM proposals
- Broad experience base (i.e. pricing, HR, proposal development, capture, program management, etc.)
- Ability to coach and instruct others to facilitate consistency across multiple authors
- Active Secret clearance - Top Secret preferred (SCI eligible)
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.Nearest Major Market: