We believe that mission and business are not competing values and that all people deserve dignity. We believe our work and communities are enhanced when diverse groups of people learn and grow together. Applicants who believe they will thrive in this culture and who are committed to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion are encouraged to apply.The Senior Staff Accountant will
record, update, and evaluate the information presented in financial statements, narratives, and other accompanying schedules to the financial statements for any reporting entities assigned.PAY: $31.22-34.62/hour DOEDuties:
- Review coding and/or prepare or correct coding of invoices and incoming deposits (checks and wires) within the weekly timeframe. Work with regional staff on coding corrections and review coding for grant routing reforms.
- Prepare all required schedules for the annual audit; obtain all required supporting documentation; answer all audit questions as able (with assistance from the Assistant Controller as needed.)
- Review incoming grants and awards for federal applicability (A-133 reporting) and communicate to Grant Project Coordinator.
- Run intercompany balance reports and reconcile differences quarterly.
- Generous paid time off, variety of benefit options, including pet insurance.
- generous means almost 49 days of paid time off, with holidays, early closings, volunteering, and floating hours.
- Early-close Fridays. Work to 2pm, paid to 5pm each Friday.
- 403b + match, paid volunteer time, and much more.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities and skills needed for the position.**RequirementsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- Bachelor's Degree in business-related field.
- Three years in public accounting or industry accounting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- CPA or PMA.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Take on accounting and information retrieval for acquisitions.
- Willing and able to review financial statement packets and outside reports of other staff members.
- Exhibits proactive behavior towards potential problems and potential benefits for the department.
- Understand and articulate the differences regarding Cost Accounting, Real Estate GAAP, Cash and Tax Accounting.
- Ability to read loan documents, partnership agreements, regulatory agreements or other pertinent documents and understand their relationship to the financial statements, and also be able to identify what documents are pertinent.