The Mid-Level Engineer Analyst
will become part of Peraton's Department of State (DoS) Diplomatic Security Cyber Mission (DSCM) program providing leading cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective and secure business processes. Peraton's DSCM program encompasses technical, engineering, data analytics, cyber security, management, operational, logistical and administrative support to aid and advise DoS Cyber & Technology Security (CTS) Directorate. This includes protecting a global cyber infrastructure comprising networks, systems, information, and mobile devices all while identifying and responding to cyber risks and threats. Those supporting Peraton's DSCM program strive to leverage their expert knowledge and propose creative solutions to real-world cybersecurity challenges.
This role will be located in Rosslyn, VA. This role supports the Security Change Management (SCM) Team.Position Description:
- Authoring Security Configuration Standards and principle documents (e.g., mobile, virtual server technology, operating systems, databases, and various cloud technologies) leveraging industry best practices (e.g., Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs).
- Provide management of Configuration Standards Library (i.e., knowledge and document repository).
- Perform Mobile Device application(s) reviews and formulate associate vulnerability mitigation recommendations.
- Review and adjudicate formal requests for deviations to security configuration standards.
- Maintain OpenNet Trusted Sites listing.
- Manage and monitor External Distribution List approvals for Security Configuration Standards and Principle documents reviews and final approvals.
- Perform Dedicated Administrative Workstation (DAW) application(s) reviews for vulnerabilities and formulate mitigation recommendations.
- Perform software vulnerability evaluation, analysis, and vulnerability results reporting.
- Perform security reviews of official change requests for various DOS control boards (e.g., FAB, IT CCB, DS ITRB, and ESP CCB approval boards).
- Provide subject matter expertise on security configuration issues in meetings with IRM and other DOS organizations (e.g., Information Assurance iPost Scanning and Scoring Committee).
- Provide technical responses and recommendations to ASKCTS Support Requests.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of an active Secret security clearance required.
- Possess CND, CySA+, GSEC, Security+ CE, or similar certification.
- Experience developing of security configuration baselines and establishing security principle documents.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $52,400
Colorado Salary Maximum: $127,100
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.